Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8 The flagship of the Chrysler lineup offers the driver every bit of class of any European luxury sedan, combined with the availability of the Hemi, the engine which dominated the American Muscle Car Era

Voltage Warning Light

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Default Voltage Warning Light

My headlights, gauges, clock, etc. have voltage "spikes": especially at night.It's like they have a pulse. I have an 2005 Chrysler 300 Limited. This has been happening since last winter, and this morning the Voltage Warning Light came on (number 22 in my owner's manual).I checked my battery and alternator at the local Auto Zone and both checked out fine. I called a local mechanic and he said it was possibly a Voltage Regulator. I found out these were located in the car's computer which would cost me a fortune to replace. Has anyone had similar problems? I need help desperately with this problem, because I do not want to take it to the dealership which would rip me a new one. Help! Any suggestions?

Old 08-18-2008, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Voltage Warning Light

sounds like a weak battery.
I swear to god most of u people out there think nothing good comes from the dealer. I will grant u this there are some dumb asses in both dealer and aftermarket shops but u never here people say i don't wanna go to the dealer they rip me a new one. U know what u go spend 800 or more bucks on what ever some one else thinks it is and then go to the dealer and u whine more about having to spend another 100 bucks to fix a bad battery.
I see it all the freaking time oo I have spent X amount and still not fixed and U want me to spend what ????

Old 11-10-2008, 10:58 AM

hi cwuba
Did you get car sorted?

My car is 5 months old and has just developed same sort of symptoms, Techies are scratching there heads. Symtoms are my headlights flickered a bit when I accelerated and then a few hours later car cut out with the engine management illuminated and a red symbol which has a lightning bolt between 2 red bars, I got car going again, seems like battery has plenty of power, tech says fault logger had voltage drop to injectors showing on list but they couldn't get car to do it again

Old 11-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Hi
There is a an RRT for incorrect alternator fuseable link get your dealer to run a VIP sheet to see. As yours is a UK CRD you want to look under the bonnect down the passenger sidefollow the air con pipe and look were the wire harness goes to the engine, It rubs on the air con pipe and shorts out the injectors.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 PM

Thanks Merlin shall be on it tomorrow

Old 12-03-2016, 04:39 PM

i had this same issue i swear i spent hundreds of dollars, trying to pinpoint the source, lucky for me i found this guy on you tube
tried it and my red thunder lightning bolt has F!@#$%^ DIEDDDDDD!!!!! it only cost me $3.00 yes you heard it right three dollars