Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2007 Chrysler Aspen Press-Kit

Old 10-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Administrator
Default 2007 Chrysler Aspen Press-Kit

Chrysler's First SUV: The All-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen

The "300" of SUVs Comes Loaded With Performance, Premium Amenities and Fuel-saving MDS Technology

-Elegant Chrysler Design — Signature Chrysler chromed grille, winged badge and sculpted hood; available 20 inch chromed wheels and eye-catching chromed accents
-Unmatched Capability and Performance — 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine features best-in-class 335 horsepower and 370 lb.-ft. of torque
-Fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS) — HEMI V-8 engine seamlessly alternates between four cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand
-Spacious and Agile — Combines seating for up to eight adults and class-leading cargo volume with the refinement, drivability and efficiency of smaller full-size SUVs
-Premium Convenience and Safety Amenities — Available power rear liftgate, remote start, rear-seat DVD entertainment system, full-screen navigation radio, SIRIUS Satellite Radio; standard Electronic Stability Program (ESP), side-curtain air bags and Tire Pressure -Monitoring (TPM) system; optional ParkSense® rear back-up system

Auburn Hills, Mich., Sep 22, 2006 -
Boasting elegant Chrysler styling, unsurpassed capability and performance, and abundant premium amenities, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen is the latest addition to the Chrysler brand showroom — a premium SUV that is a value alternative to luxury-priced competitors.

“The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers customers an elegant and sophisticated premium SUV for thousands less than luxury-priced competitors,” said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Brand Marketing, Chrysler Group. “Loaded with premium features, stunning Chrysler design, fuel-saving MDS technology, 30 standard safety features and best-in-class horsepower, torque and interior room, Chrysler Aspen offers more for less."

Compared to large SUVs, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen is more fuel-efficient and maneuverable. Compared to full-size SUVs, Chrysler Aspen features more interior passenger space and cargo room, coupled with unmatched towing and hauling capability.

The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers premium features including interior LED lighting, express-up front windows, a full-screen navigation radio, heated first- and second-row seats, and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system. In addition, a new one-touch lane-change feature allows the driver to quickly activate a three-blink turn signal when changing lanes.

Advanced safety and security features include Electronic Stability Program (ESP), Electronic Roll Mitigation (ERM), ParkSense®, Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) system and side-curtain air bags for all three rows.

The "300" of SUVs
With inspiration from eye-catching designs including Chrysler 300 and Crossfire, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen exudes Chrysler brand attributes of innovative engineering and elegance at a great value.

Chrysler Aspen’s chromed grille — the “face” of Chrysler — is signature Chrysler 300, inspired by the memorable V-10 powered Chrysler Chronos concept car that debuted at the North American International Auto Show in 1998. Chrysler wings flow seamlessly into the grille header and contain the gold seal of the brand, providing a proud and instantly recognizable design cue.

Chrysler Aspen’s front and rear fenders, rear doors and rear-quarter panels feature clean, precise angles, creating a seamless profile. Chromed accents on body-side moldings, door handles, side mirrors, beltline molding and roof rack, as well as available 20-inch chromed wheels, add premium panache.

Unmatched Capability and Performance
The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen provides best-in-class horsepower and torque with the towing and hauling capability of a large SUV and the fuel efficiency of smaller full-size SUVs.

The optional 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine — featuring Chrysler Group’s fuel-saving Multi-displacement System (MDS) — delivers best-in-class 335 horsepower and 370 lb.-ft. of torque. Without compromising performance, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen’s HEMI V-8 engine seamlessly alternates between four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand.

Chrysler Aspen’s standard powertrain is the 235-horsepower 4.7-liter Magnum V-8 engine with 300 lb.-ft. of torque, providing smooth and responsive performance. Both 4.7-liter and 5.7-liter V-8 engines are mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.

Spacious and Versatile
With multiple seating and cargo configurations, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen achieves significant occupant flexibility. Second- and third-row seats feature ample hip room, legroom and shoulder room, and conveniently fold flat.

Chrysler Aspen is available with a second-row 40/20/40 split bench seat or second-row bucket seats, each providing 11-degree reclining seat backs. Second-row bucket seats include a center console with dual cup holders, covered storage area and adjustable air outlets.

A flip-down, roof-mounted DVD screen is available for rear-seat occupants and a theater-style surround-sound audio system comes complete with eight Infinity® speakers. An available power rear liftgate opens with the touch of a button to provide easy loading and unloading of gear. In addition, rear doors open 84 degrees to provide passengers with easy entry and exit.

With best-in-class cargo capacity, offering 68.4 cu. ft. of cargo room with the third-row seats folded — the most common configuration of three-row seat SUVs — Chrysler Aspen easily surpasses other full-size SUVs.

Smooth and Agile
Chrysler Aspen features a smooth and quiet ride, with precise handling — benefits of a torsionally stiff, hydroformed frame and independent front suspension with rack-and-pinion steering. Suspension and steering are finely tuned to deliver superior ride and steering feel, courtesy of consistent frame dynamics.

The all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen offers two all-wheel-drive electric-shift transfer cases. A single-speed transfer case is standard with 4x4 models that feature the 4.7-liter V-8 engine. The single-speed transfer case provides all-wheel drive (AWD) and four-wheel-drive “high” operating modes.

A two-speed transfer case is standard with 4x4 models that feature the 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine. Chrysler Aspen’s two-speed transfer case features an all-wheel-drive (AWD) mode and four-wheel-drive “high” and “low” modes. Both transfer cases feature a 48/52 torque split between front and rear axles when AWD mode is selected.

With a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of 6,700 lbs. and towing capacity of 8,950 lbs., Chrysler Aspen’s “Tow/Haul” transmission provides crisp shifts and reduces gear searching by holding the lower gear longer. The system will also select a lower gear under downhill conditions in order to utilize the engine’s braking capability.

Chrysler Showroom Expands
On the heels of the award-winning Chrysler 300, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen effectively expands the Chrysler brand’s head-turning lineup. Inside the Chrysler showroom, Chrysler Aspen will complement the Pacifica and Town & Country, and will further establish Chrysler as the best source for a family vehicle.

Manufactured at Chrysler Group’s Newark (Delaware) Assembly Plant, the all-new 2007 Chrysler Aspen will be available in Chrysler dealerships in September 2006.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2007 Chrysler Aspen Press-Kit

Can't wait to see it in person!

Old 11-14-2006, 12:13 AM

Yeah not bad, I like it's overall look. Any ideas on price?

Old 11-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

They are on lots now.

Base price MRSP of $28,845

MSRP Price Range: $30,745-$33,520

Old 11-27-2006, 03:30 AM

I'm new at this and I was wondering if any other Aspen owners have had an issue with the fueling system? # out of 4 time I fill up, when the pump clicks to stop the fuel when it is full I end up with about 2 liters gushing back out of the fuel door. I love the vehicle but this is becoming very anoying when everytime I fill up I get covered in gas.
I'm just wondering if this is only happening to the Aspen I got for my wife, or if this well be an ongoing issue for Chrysler?

Old 11-27-2006, 03:34 AM

Don't get me wrong here, the Aspen is a great vehicle. My wife love the bling factor., and as for gas mileage it at least does better then my old 2002 Durango RT.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:33 PM

had or hemi aspen for about 1 month now and no problems filling up?

Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 PM

We have had our Aspen about 30 days. I notice the fuel overflowing on a fill-up, almost every time we fill the car some gas leaks out, maybe up to a cup is the most I have seen.
Occurs when the pump shuts off automatically.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:34 AM

I have not had a problem when filling up maybe a drop or two. I bought mine in March.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:02 AM

hi harmbl, if you want to customize or need replacement of your dodge, just browse around the net, they have quality and guaranteed car parts like Dodge air filter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Chrysler Aspen Press-Kit