Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Cold AIr Intake...

Old 02-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Default Cold AIr Intake...

Hey all, just thought I would share some info with everyone. I have a 2007 Chrysler Aspen, 5.7l hemi. I did some investigation on Cold Air Intakes and found them to be quite expensive 300-400 $C. Looked through EBAY and found a full kit with K&N filter for $80$C. thought what the heck I would give it a shot, fit perfectly, looks great but most importantly performance wise I couldn;t be happier. At cruising speed you don't even know its there, step on it and it growls like a beast!! Also noticed that Im using an average of 1.4litres less gas per 100km, and feel a slight improvement in horsepower. For $80C cannot complain one bit!! They technically do not have one for the aspen so I ordered the one for the 07 durange 5.7 and likeI said fit like a glove

Old 02-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Default Cold Air Intake Supplier

Was this from "ChromeIntakes"? Thanks for the tip!

Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM

yes it was chromeintakes....

Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Can you post any pics??

Old 02-21-2009, 04:46 PM

Sure they aren;t the best but will give you the idea......There is one seam where the pipe from the throtle body comes to the down tube, the joint of the two pipes is almost seamless

Attached Thumbnails Cold AIr Intake...-intake1.jpg  
Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Default K&N kit for 2008 Chrysler Aspen 5.7 Hemi

Hi there…I have a 2008 Chrysler Aspen with 5.7 Hemi. I have been searching for a K&N kit with filter but have not been able to find one. I talked to K&N directly and they mentioned that they don’t have one listed for my vehicle. I have seen ones available for 2007 Aspens 5.7 Hemi, but not the 2008. Below are pictures of how my engine bay looks, I think it looks a little different from the picture that justawop provided and I am afraid the 2007 kit would not fit mine. I live in an area that autopart stores do not stock them, so ordering online is my only bet. Most if not all stores charge a 15% restocking fee and K&N will not guarantee a fit. If someone can confirm that they are not the same I can sit back and wait. I have used K&N kits on several of my other cars and I have tried other manufacturers but I have not been satisfied with them.

Thanks everyone.

Attached Thumbnails Cold AIr Intake...-ja-hemi-filter-box.jpg   Cold AIr Intake...-ja-hemi-filter-box2.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 05:18 AM

Look in to Airaid's Modular Intake Tubes which will allow you to keep your stock air box and panel filter so you upgrade as you need . The M I T allows you upgrade to a performance panel filter or to a CAI later .

Old 03-24-2009, 03:17 PM

Thanks hemisfear for your reply. I took a quick browse through Airaid's website for the modular intake tube and they list one for my 2008 Aspen 5.7 Hemi but when I look at pictures they look like a 2007 or earlier. The opening I have faces the passenger side and not the front as earlier models. Airaid also lists an intake kit, but when I look at the product pictures and installation pictures they also look like earlier models .

Old 03-25-2009, 03:26 PM

the "stock" opening does face the passenger side, when you take off the stock system, the actual throttle body opening faces front. Not sure if this is what u were looking at. The air system pics youy posted on your 08, look identicle to my 07,,,,

Old 03-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Talking 4.7 ltr

Does anyone know about an intake for the 4.7l?? I have an 07 and I'm still on the lookout!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold AIr Intake...