Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Door speaker installation questions???

Old 02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
Default Door speaker installation questions???

I bought this 07 Aspen with the standard sound system with 4 speakers in the front and rear doors. These stock speakers have just horrible sound quality that's a fact! I am considering purchasing some new speakers from Crutchfield but am wondering has anyone here replaced the door speakers on there Aspen? How difficult is it to remove the door panels? Anyone?

Old 02-21-2010, 02:41 PM

1. There are two screws to remove: one behind the door pull, and one down below the speaker grille.

2. LIFT, don't pull the door panel slightly. There are hooks in there that you need to lift the panel from.

3. Disconnect the electrical connectors by the window switches from the inside, and the actuator rod for the door locks.

4. Remove the door panel.

It's all downhill from there. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
1. There are two screws to remove: one behind the door pull, and one down below the speaker grille.

2. LIFT, don't pull the door panel slightly. There are hooks in there that you need to lift the panel from.

3. Disconnect the electrical connectors by the window switches from the inside, and the actuator rod for the door locks.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.....

Old 06-18-2010, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by 15951a\

3. Disconnect the electrical connectors near the Tie Rod End from the inside, and the actuator rod for the door locks.

ive tried it and it works great..I have the 8-speaker Alpine system which i bought last week i really love it..

Last edited by kurtdaniel; 06-19-2010 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:03 AM

I pulled mine the other night as well. It couldn't be much easier. I have the 8-speaker Alpine system. I basically wanted to look at the speakers, so I pulled a rear panel. The mid actually seems somewhat beefy. They are blue poly cones -- not your typical OEM paper. I might try replacing the tweeters in front dash. There's no sound dampening what-so-ever in the door panels (at least in the rear). I hope to add some later. There's probably not much I could do to significantly improve the sound -- while still keeping the OEM deck -- without spending a lot of money. That's why I plan to start with front tweeters, and sound dampening.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by kkreit01
I pulled mine the other night as well. It couldn't be much easier. I have the 8-speaker Alpine system. I basically wanted to look at the speakers, so I pulled a rear panel. The mid actually seems somewhat beefy. They are blue poly cones -- not your typical OEM paper. I might try replacing the tweeters in front dash. There's no sound dampening what-so-ever in the door panels (at least in the rear). I hope to add some later. There's probably not much I could do to significantly improve the sound -- while still keeping the OEM deck -- without spending a lot of money. That's why I plan to start with front tweeters, and sound dampening.
I think the lows are pretty solid for OEM in the Alpine system. The mids and highs could be better, and I agree that your best plan of attack would be to replace the 3" highs in the dash.

It's pretty impressive that Chrysler actually paid a few extra bucks and installed poly cones in these SUVs. I'm always amazed at how punchy the lows are in the Aspen, especially considering how much cabin area there is.