Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Fog lights – Installed or not installed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Default Fog lights – Installed or not installed?

Received an “As Built” from Chrysler Cares. It shows fog lights installed.

There are fog lights installed and there are wires going to each. However, there is no switch at the headlight switch and dashboard illumination switch. Have never seen the lights on.

Does install now mean they are physically installed but not operational?

Have anyone hooked the lights up by installing another switch? If so, how about a lot of help?

Chrysler vehicles did not used to have these kind of problems.

Old 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM

The **** that controls the parking and headlights also controls the fog lights. Turn **** for parking and headlight control, push in to turn on fogs.

Last edited by calamity coyote; 12-23-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 12:43 PM

calamity coyote,

Thanks for the reply. Received email stating you replied and provided link. Clicked on link but following did not show:

”If you got the owners manual with that used purchase, I highly recommend reading through it to find out more goodies about the Aspen. If it didn't come with it, I would recommend purchasing one or downloading it online. It's available in PDF all over.”

Have original owner’s manual and also downloaded PDF. Major problem is the manual and copy have error. Both shows a switch under dash illumination control. Do not have that switch. Thus sent original email.

ssaspen08 also advised to push in on headlight control ****. They work. Former owner said he could never get the fog lights to work. This forum is great.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:47 AM

Yeah, I noticed in the manual that the switch is different than how it actually works so I edited out the later of the message. However, on my light switch, it actually shows the fog light emblem and says push on it. That's how I knew it worked like that. Does your switch not show this?

Old 12-31-2016, 01:35 PM
Wink

calamity coyote you are correct.

Just went out and checked. That is the first time I saw those two.

When purchased, it was driven onto a vehicle trailer (from U-Haul), towed home, then driven off trailer. Both in daylight.

After I had it home, started cleaning inside and outside. I sat is a garage for just over two years.

Read owners manual before starting it up again. Tried all lights, to check for burnt bulbs, but failed to find fog light switch. Maybe I should have had on my reading glasses.