Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

How to fix loose antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Default How to fix loose antenna?

Hi, this is my first post. Just picked up an 07 Limited with 41,000 mi's. Black with a 5.7 HEMI/20" Chrome clad wheels. Runs great and it's very clean. It looks to have every option except for Navi, rear heated seats and sunroof. I figured I could live without the Navi (I have a portable Garmin) and the rear heated seats, but not the sunroof. So I had one installed within a week of buying it. All in all it looks great and works just like a factory sunroof would.
Anyway, my antenna is loose at the base. The whole unit rocks back and fourth about 1/2". I looked and there's no access under the hood, so I'm guessing the only way to get to it is through the wheel well. Just curious, has anyone had this happen to them? This is the only problem I've found so I shouldn't complain. I hope to spend some time on it tonight. If/when I am able to fix it, I'll report back in case someone else runs into the same problem.
Thanks,
Steve

Old 10-03-2011, 03:37 PM

Wheel well, but the nut to tighten is on top of the fender. There is a special tool for that check the parts store.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by TNtech
Wheel well, but the nut to tighten is on top of the fender. There is a special tool for that check the parts store.
Your right, thanks. I looked at the wheel well and it looked a little difficult to remove. Only 2 screws and the rest were fasteners of some sort. I really didn't want to mess with it.
I popped the hood and got out the flashlight and I was able to see the underside of the antenna. Not that I could get in that far but I didn't see anything under there to tighten. I figured I'd try the silver ring around the antenna itself. I didn't have the right tool, so I taped up my pliers so I wouldn't scratch it up and gave it a few turns. Worked like a charm

Old 10-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Love that American ingenuity.