Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

new AEM Brute Force intake inatall for Aspen with Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Default new AEM Brute Force intake inatall for Aspen with Hemi

This installation of the new AEM Brute Force intake system with DRYFLOW filter, for 5.7 hemi was completed in about 30 minutes and every component fit perfectly. The instructions were very detailed and illustrated to show details very well. The installation began with removing factory intake components. This consisted of removing four bolts, one clamp and electrical connection at air intake temperature sensor. Once disassembly was complete the first step was to loosen two bolts in sway bar clamp on passenger side of vehicle this is where the lower attachment point of heat shield is located. Then remove two hex cap screws in upper radiator mount. After these bolts are removed slide heat shield in place under sway bar clam and fasten in place using factory hardware and supplied spacers between heat shield and radiator support, and retighten sway bar clamp bolts. The third attachment point for heat shield is factory air box mount using bolt washers and nut supplied in kit. This makes heat shield very solid and ready for hood seal and rubber gasket to contact of tubing to heat shield.

Once heat shield is in place attach rubber coupler to throttle body and soft mount in location on top of intake. Before tubing is installed locate grommet and install with air intake temperature sensor into intake tubing. At this point I installed DRYFLOW filter to intake tubing. Then insert intake tube into coupler and on soft mount attach with supplied hardware. The last component is to make crank case ventilation connection this is done using supplied hose and clamps connecting nipple on intake tube and nipple on oil filler neck. Make electrical connection at air temp sensor and you are done with installation.

The result of the install were

1) a nice clean engine compartment after loosing all that black plastic in factory intake system and replacing it with show quality polished aluminum.
2) Quicker Throttle response
3) More power throughout the entire power band
4) The exhaust has a tuned deeper tone sounds like a performance aftermarket system.
5) Lifetime DRYFLOW filter element cleans with household detergent in about 15 - 20 minutes

The installation was done for the wife of a major league baseball player that they bought aspen said no performance parts on the aspen. Her husband called and said when it is released put AEM Brute Force intake system on at next oil change. When I returned vehicle after service a few hours later I got phone call she loves it and wants one for his 300c. Was installed before spring trainingshe just has not been in car yet. can post these pictures if any one isinterested.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3153/A47EF8019D8E40A888682A87028590B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Default RE: new AEM Brute Force intake inatall for Aspen with Hemi

this photo is of factory engine compartment.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3153/5F7BDE70EBDE4D27B0E57C3C7A83328D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 AM

This photo is of AEM Brute Force system installed from front.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3153/E28A345F1B8A4BB7959C05E85351F2A4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM

This photo is of AEM DRYFLOW filter and heat shield.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3153/223B18EEFE4C4D6CBE18EE8E6378C57F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-04-2007, 02:27 AM

that's nice, perfectly installed. you're a professional mechanic i guess that i'll be looking for..i was once used this AEM Brute Force intake for almost 6 months, and now for a change i'll be installing my new Chrysler Cold Air Intake, for a new ride experience.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:18 AM

Any update on the cold air intake after several months use? Noise issues? Gas mileage improvements? Performance improvements?
Thanks,

Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 AM

We got our unit installed on Thursday.

It looks great, sounds great and seems to help with SOTP power. Will watch gas mileage to see if there is any impact. I think it will promote better gas mileage because you can now hear the throttle being opened.

At normal cruise it is totally silent. Just a little throttle opening and you know something has changed. Under full throttle it makes its presence known. Very pleasant to hear when you open the throttle a little bit.