Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Service Park Assist System Scan Tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Default Service Park Assist System Scan Tool

I have a 07 chrysler aspen. It says service park assist in the overheadconsole. Also in the overhead console the option to turn off/on the park assiststays off, and I cannot turn it on.

Is there a way reset the park assist system?
Or is there a scan tool I can buy to reset it and see why it is on?
Does anyone know of a scan tool that will help me out?

Thank you

Old 11-23-2013, 04:15 PM

Others with that problem have unplugged the sensors, cleaned the connection and reconnected with some dielectric grease. It's possible some water got in the connector(s).

Otherwise, you probably have one or more bad sensors.

Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 AM

thank you I will try that.
is there a scan tool I can buy that will tell me what sensors are bad. if I clean them and it still don't work.

Also I forgot to put in my first post. that when I put the truck in reverse none, of the led on the top by the rear hatch light up.

Old 12-03-2013, 07:47 PM

still don’t work. cleaned them all with the electric cleaner. no luck

is there a scan tool i can use, or is there a pc program i can use to get itto work or see what the problem is.

thank you

Old 12-10-2013, 04:42 PM

Keep us posted. Mine just came on this week during a big snow storm. I haven't been in the Aspen since so I am not sure if it turned off on its own.

Old 01-27-2014, 12:28 PM

Today the lights at the top. That show you the distance to the object behind you. When I started the truck they flashed. But it still says service park assist system.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Old 01-28-2014, 11:06 AM

The Park Assist Fuse is located in Cavity 17 (20 Amp Yellow Fuse)

The numbering system for the park assist sensors allows for up to ten sensors on vehicles equipped with front sensors, six front and four rear. The sensors are numbered in a clockwise manner starting at the left front bumper. The left front sensor (if equipped with front park assist) is the number 1 sensor. The numbering continues in a clockwise direction around the vehicle, so the left rear sensor
is the number 10 sensor. If the vehicle does not have front sensors the numbering starts at the right rear.

Below is the numbering on vehicles equipped with front and rear sensors.

The sensors 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 are located in the front bumper: Sensor #1 Left side of front bumper Sensor #2 Left middle side of front bumper Sensor #3 Left center of front bumper Sensor #4 Right center of front bumper Sensor #5 Right middle side of front bumper Sensor #6 Right side of the bumper The sensors 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 are located in the rear bumper: For sensors 7,8,9,and 10: Sensor #7 Right Side of Rear Bumper Sensor #8 Right Middle of Rear Bumper Sensor #9 Left Middle of Rear Bumper Sensor #10 Left Side of Rear Bumper For Sensors 8,9,10, and 11: Sensor #8 Right Side of Rear Bumper Sensor #9 Right Middle of Rear Bumper Sensor #10 Left Middle of Rear Bumper Sensor #11 Left Side of Rear Bumper

There are several different fault codes that could be generated. If you can obtain the specific fault code(s) this will help determine the problem.

Good luck on getting this resolved soon!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:05 PM

if i change the four rear sensors. can i buy any ones or does it have to be from a chrysler dealer? does any know where i can get them from?
i dont have a code reader. i bought a actron cp9580a i was told this would read the code for the park assist and it does not.

thanks

Old 04-20-2018, 09:55 AM

Here is where you can get the part.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Right-...=mtr#vi-ilComp

There is also a video on you tube helping somewhat with installation.

Old 05-11-2021, 09:37 PM
Default help

i changed the 4 rear parking sensors today.
the dealership i took it to today to do that cannot seem to reset the system
still says service parking systewm

Quick Reply: Service Park Assist System Scan Tool