Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Spark plugs-E3 vs Pulstar vs Bosch

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Default Spark plugs-E3 vs Pulstar vs Bosch

I know Bosch is a cheap but good brand but I do not know about the other two. Has anybody used E3 or Pulstar spark plugs & if so what were your results? These claim to increase performance & MPG

Old 02-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

its BS u can not increase MPG with a spark plug on a Speed density system the computer regulates the fuel so anything that is changed it will simply re adjust it back to 14.1 air fuel mix.

Old 02-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Yeah it sounded too good to be true. I know for my old 95 bmw..the 2 times I did change the sparkplugs, I noticed a difference. I guess you will when going from worn to brand new sparkplugs

check them out.

http://www.pulstarpulseplugs.com/def...FQsFbAodHV_eVA

&

http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

Old 02-20-2011, 07:28 PM

Your car,...you may do as you please......BUT.....

I would highly recommend ONLY USING THE PLUG THAT IS STATED ON YOUR EMISSIONS LABEL....

check them out.
In all honesty....I have spent more time PULLING THEM OUT..Than I have checking them out.
its BS u can not increase MPG with a spark plug on a Speed density system
CT is absolutely correct....Think for a moment......

If the engineers could get FREE fuel economy and Horsepower Increases Just by a selection of a spark plug.....DONT YA THINK THE FACTORY WOULD BE USING THEM???????

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 02-20-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

what a lot of people dont know unless u are in the engineer side of making cars the feds have guide lines to what and how many certain cars can be produced. This is not real data I am gonna give ya but u will get the picture.
Say all of the cars Chrysler makes the avg MPG has to be 28
so that means they haft to see more 4cyl engines that get say 30 mpg to off set the gas drinkers like the vipers that get 8. There is a fine line to how many vipers they can make b4 they go over budget for stuff like that. SO if they can increase the MPG by simply using spark plugs to get better MPG that would be a freebie on there part and they could seal more gas eaters that they make more profit on any way. All car makers in the US are setup this way.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:52 PM

The Pulstars seem to have alot of reviews stating misfires....anyway I just went with NGK V-Power.

Thanks to the both of you for responding.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:05 AM

the pulstar plug just increase you horsepower buy creating a bigger spark with your air and fuel mixture

Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

U cant make a bigger spark its still the same voltage from the same coil
u may split up the same spark 4 ways but its still the same
U also cant get more HP from a plug like that HP comes from compression and air fuel mix which is controlled by the computer.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by GreyGoose
The Pulstars seem to have alot of reviews stating misfires....anyway I just went with NGK V-Power.
X2 on NGK's. What I use in my 300M.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by tinman
X2 on NGK's. What I use in my 300M.
Also quite a few more models the part numbers have changed to NGK, The 4.0L Jeep being one of them. Your 300 is supposed to have platinum...

Quick Reply: Spark plugs-E3 vs Pulstar vs Bosch