Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Turn Signal flips between left and right turn .. %%#$$%#$

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Default Turn Signal flips between left and right turn .. %%#$$%#$

has anyone had issues with their 07 intermittently flipping between left turn and right turn signal .. happening to me when I engage the left turn signal then proceed with manuevering the turn... flips to right turn, then back to left. Could this be a bad turn signal relay or is it more?

Old 05-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Default RE: Turn Signal flips between left and right turn .. %%#$$%#$

I think you may be talking about the quick change signal. You cantap the signal lever in the direction that you want to go, and it will automatically do 3 signals and shut off, instead of on 'till you shut it off. I had the same type ofproblem in my Ram, 'till I read the manual and found this very cool option. If this isn't it, then I have no idear!

Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 PM

Thanks, but I understand that feature. Literally, when the left signal is on and I'm engaging in a left turn and turning the wheel, if flips quickly to a right turn then back, intermittently.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator

possible milti function switch or a front controler.

Old 05-13-2008, 04:41 PM

wow. Not sure I know what these are: multi-function switch or front controller. Already sounds expensive.
Can you elaborate? Thks.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:24 AM

The multi-function switch is in the steering column. Everything your turn signal lever does (Lights, wipers, turn signals, hi-lo beam, etc.) uses this switch. They are made from plastic and (regardless of manufacturer) when worn or damaged are extremely glitchy. That is the most likely suspect.

I am not familiar with a "front controller" so can't advise. I have found "Chrysler Tech" to be an accurate resource in diagnosis, so that would be worth your investigation.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Default Eratic Turn Signal

I have been having the same problem on my 2007 Aspen. The dealership wanted $92 for the part and $200 in install. I ordered and picked up the part to have it installed elsewhere. It seems like it would be pretty easy to install as it likely goes just beneath the steering wheel. My only fear in starting this is that I may set off the air bag. Is this something I can do? Does the air bag need to be disabled and how?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:41 PM

Disconect the battery first so you do not inadvertently blow the air bag. Remove the two screws that secure the airbag to the steering wheel. Then disconnect your air bag from the single yellow wire via a clip that is held in by a green safety lock tab (remove the tab disconnect the clip).

Old 10-05-2010, 03:28 PM

My turn signals on my 2007 Chrysler Aspen are doing the same thing, they actually do 3 different things.

When I hit it to blink left, many times it will automatically start blinking Right
Many times when it is blinking left, it will change and just start blinking right with no touching anything
Sometimes will will be blinking left and just stop and not do anything at all

I think this is very dangerous and you know sometimes we don't pay attention to which way it is blinking because we assume it is going to do it's job and blink the right way. I now have to pay attention every time and also pay attention to it when my husband is driving.

I think this should be recalled, if enough people complain about it, it might be.
I have called the # and reported it at 831-442-1000

Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 AM

Seems Aspens are prone to electrical issues. At least I'll know what to look for if mine starts acting up.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal flips between left and right turn .. %%#$$%#$