Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Window and Stalling Issues on my 2007 5.7 HEMI Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Question Window and Stalling Issues on my 2007 5.7 HEMI Aspen

The front driver and passenger windows are not going down and up like they should. If I press the down button just once on the window it goes half way or all the way down and after quite a few attempts to get it back up it does go up and right back down again. When its a -30° F windchill this is not fun! Ugh! Same thing for the front passenger side. The back windows are fine.

Also, at a complete stop it tends to stall. I have noticed this only in the first 5-10 miles or so. It seems after it warms up it doesn't stall anymore.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you!

Old 01-06-2017, 11:02 AM

On the windows, are you trying to use the "auto" feature of the switch or are you pressing and holding with this happening? If you are trying to use "auto", it may need reprogrammed. I've had mine loose the settings from time to time. To program, press the switch down all the way and hold while window rolls down. Continue to hold the switch for two seconds then release. This should reprogram it. Same method for programming the up.

As for it reversing back down when you are trying to go up, it has a safety feature to reverse if it detects an obstacle. Shock from road bumps can mimic this condition as well. Due to the temp, you could even possibly have ice in the track or the gears could be sticking.

As for your stalling. This could be numerous causes. Bad plugs, bad gas, low oil or transmission fluid, bad MAP sensor. The list goes on. You really need to check this with a scan tool and hopefully it has a code to read. Otherwise you will need to have a dealer hook it up to their computers.