Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

2004 Crossfire Security Alarm Malfunction

Old 02-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

an alarm and door locks are to different things which one are u wanting to know about?

Old 02-29-2016, 01:54 PM
Default firewall

Originally Posted by maxcichon
A number of Crossfire owners (myself included) have had this issue. The first true indicator is the "chirp" sounding for no reason.

It has turned out to be the SKREEM module, or alarm module mounted on the firewall. ~ $160. and you need special security TORX bits to remove it.

A dealer job. Sorry. But on the bright side: you'll have lock/unlock "chirps". when it's done!
Hi I am in the UK. I also have this problem so it's not confined to the USA. Could you explain where the module is mounted. What do you determine as the firewall ideal would be a photo if possible. A new battery and alternator was fitted 3 months before this problem occurred. Any help would be gratefully received.

Old 07-02-2016, 11:25 AM

my 2005 crossfire does not sound the audio whistle sound when intruded,the lights flash but no audible sound?

Old 07-02-2016, 10:48 PM

Check your owners manual. It may be possible to program the response. If not, then it's going to have to be a dealer repair. These systems are not intended to be easily bypassed/modified for obvious reasons.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:10 AM

The chirp sound is the sound of the battery in the siren failing. It will go off at random times.You can leave the car unlocked and it will usually be quiet as long as you have a safe place for the car. The module is located on the firewall. You have to remove the windshield wipers ( you will likely need a puller) and then the shroud just under neath them. Torx bit required, you will need a special security torx T40 with a hole in the center bit to remove siren nut. available at most automotive stores like Harbor Freight. Buy the module at a Mercedes dealer ask for part # A 219 820 32 26 say it is a 2004 slk320. Chrysler part is exactly the same but usually way more money (# 5124443AB) You will also need a new nut (M8) for mounting as it is not the same as the original nut. You end up with a nice quiet beep when locking or unlocking, This requires no programming - just disconnect the battery before taking it out. Note this is not the Skreem module or the door locking module.Also if this is the first time you have had the cowling off make sure you vacuum or clean the drains and save yourself from getting your interior wet when they plug up.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Angry Alarm not working properly

I reprogrammed my fob and was successful according to the owners guide. The problem was that it wouldn't disable as I pressed the unlock button. I opened the door and the alarm went off for 30 seconds. I disconnected the negative cable to my battery and the alarm went stopped. I reconnected it and the alarm came back on. The light on the tow-away started to blink again. I disconnected the battery again and when I reconnect the cable the alarms sounds non-stop. What did I do wrong?

Can I just remove the fuse?

Old 09-13-2017, 05:37 PM

Chances are it is the siren. They have a battery in them and it goes dead (makes the siren sound like a "cricket on crack" or the battery leaks on the board and sets it off randomly. I have changed a couple and the instruction and info is on the previous post. It is the most common issue that sets the alarm off. I have read that you can just remove the siren if you want and just the lights will flash.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...9-alarmed.html