Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

Crossfire Computer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 AM
Default Crossfire Computer Problems

My 2004 Crossfire has been at the dealership for almost 6 weeks with a bad computer module, which is apparently back ordered with no date promised. I am hearing of many other owners that have had to have the computer re-programmed because it stopped communicating with the key. Anyone else having these problems. No-one at Chrysler seems interested in helping me.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:11 PM
ace
Default RE: Crossfire Computer Problems

trust me they are trying but to get the ball rolling a bit faster try calling the customer complaint number they can get teh ball rolling faster by upgrading the parts order and getting the part faster. unfortunatly us parts guys do have our hands tied to a certain extent. the crossfire is a bit different from the rest of dcx cars becouse the keys and i do beleive the modules need to be programmed by dcx when they are orderd by vin#
but six weeks is too long the dcx hotline should be able to expidite this a bit faster

Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM

Ace,
I tried that also. They really have no idea when the part will be in, or when it may reach the US. I can't believe thsi is what "Customer One" is all about. Meanwhile, I am making payments for a car I don't have. Doesn't seem right.
marco

Old 03-08-2006, 03:35 PM

Just an update for all Crossfire owners. It is over 7 weeks now. Still have not received my car back. Nothing form the dealership
still making payments. Tried calling Chrysler Credit regarding lease, no help there either. I am not sure at this point, i even want my car back. lost all faith in Chrysler after being a loyal customer (and former employee) for over 20 years. Never thought a good customer would be treated this way. Someone out there from Chrysler has got to care.......maybe not.
marcopg

Old 03-13-2006, 02:52 AM

I have just joined this forum. I am no technical expert but I am concerned at the time delays you have faced.
Are you sure the problem is not as simple as flat batteries in your key unit? The key unit comes apart, just look at it from the side, and it holds two batteries. Do not hold or touch the batteries with your fingers as the acid will eventually damage the circuits. The life of these batteries can be as short as 12 months. If you have never changed them it would be a start. The key does not require reprogramming after the change.
Good luck.
Regards,
Ausfire.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:32 PM

I have a 2005 Crossfire and my computer had to be replaced after many throttle problems and 17 days without my car... Today is the first day its back and so far so good... but it took an overnight shipment of the part - I did not have to wait, so you might want to check with another dealer if there is another one in your area. Or you can also call the toll free number and request your file be forwarded to the Area/District Manager for Chrysler so that you can speak directly with someone that can offer more guidance. Also, if you are in a state where there is a Lemon Law, that should be something you do right away... That way, you have documentation on file with the dealer and the manufacturer about the problem if you need to go to Arbitration. I did just that myself and had to put Chrysler on final notice so that if this problem occurs again, it goes to Arbitration. I hope you have your car back by now... but if it happens again, do what you can to get as many people involved to get a resolution - which means Chrysler.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 AM

Just had the same thing happen to me this past Sunday. I have a 2007 and they had no clue what was wrong and deny any difficulty with this model. The car was dead would not start or relate to the key. They had to two it to the dealer to be reprogrammed.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

did the key fob work or not?