Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

Electrical issues - Dash light flashing when cars off?!

Old 12-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Default Electrical issues - Dash light flashing when cars off?!

Hey guys,

Looking for some help on this one.. I have an 04 Crossfire with 21,000 miles on it. Had it six months or so and had regular problems with little things but not so big that I would give it up. Today washed it and pulled back in the garage.... My roommate was in the driveway washing his Miata and noticed that the fan was running (car off!) and it was revving up and down (like the airplane engine on the first episode of LOST). He looked inside and noticed that the dash lights and warning lights were flashing on and off erratically and he could hear something underneath the car clicking loudly. He thought one of the dogs might have gotten a remote and was chewing on it or something. I went in the garage and saw all this commotion going on (had both remotes in my hand) and noticed that the doorlocks were also not working. Thinking that the batteries might have gone bad in a remote I took them all out and disconnected the car battery to reset whatever was going on. Hooked everything up and put the batteries back in the remotes and all cranked fine but the BAS/ESP light won't go off. Cut it off and the locks don't work with either remote anymore....5 minutes later the alarm starts going off!

Any ideas or has anyone ever seen this go on?

Thanks!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Default RE: Electrical issues - Dash light flashing when cars off?!

That thing sounds POSSESSED!!! Have not heard of anything like that, so please let us know what you find out.

Old 12-18-2006, 07:44 AM
Default RE: Electrical issues - Dash light flashing when cars off?!

I've not heard of anything like this happening either. Sorry I can't assist. Just a guess, could water have penetrated the system and caused short circuit?