Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

light bulbs fusing

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Default light bulbs fusing

Well they still havent fixed my problem for before. but i have a new one now lol.

ever since I have had it serviced I have gone through 4 bulbs! 1 head light, 2 turn signals and 1 break light. the signal ones both the same side!

Anyone have any idea what that could be. im buying the bulbs from them and they are installing them!

Thank you. as much as i like my car im thinking about selling it due to the problem it is giving me

Old 01-17-2012, 07:15 PM

Bulbs could be burning out from high voltage. The voltage is controlled by the powertrain computer in response to need to charge the battery. If the battery is weak, it could be calling for excessive voltage to try to keep it charged.
You seem to be implying that it's the dealer's fault that the bulbs are blowing, yet you haven't said that any single bulb that blew either came from or was serviced by the dealer. It's four different lights, not one light going through four bulbs.
You can't blame the dealer for not anticipating that a bulb is going to blow. If he went around the car and changed all the bulbs that "might" blow you'd rightly accuse him of performing unneccessary services to pad the work order.