Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

Starting delay

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Default Starting delay

Hello everyone!

Im new here and fairly new to the crossfire! i Love it!

I have had it in the garage a lot though, mainly cause the garage i got it from wasnt that great. But i finally had it all fixed and it was great!

it came to the service due date and i decided to take it to my local Merc dealership which had just recently taken over Chrysler to. They came to pick it up for me, did the service and told me a few bits like the tyres and that but nothing that bad. charged me £816 which i thought was over the top but thought oh well, itll be good parts and that.

anyway i went to start it for the first time and instead of starting straight away, like it did when i droped it off, it took a few (2-3) seconds of like trying to start - im not good car language lol. but i would turn the key and it would try and start then start. i thought great! anyway they took it back and told me everything was fine that they did but they think it might be something to do with the fuel pressure. did a test and found out that the pump they replaced in the service was faultly. replaced that a different day, dropped it off. went out to try it - same exact problem!

Took it in again, showed them a video i made of it lol, they looked at it and said they have done everything they can think of and cant find anything wrong with it!

Now there must be right?! and i swear there isnt the same power either, i might be mistaken, cause ive been on holiday and was driving a corvette lol. but......

anyone have any ideas of what it could be? i read another one saying something about the saldering?

any help will be greatly apprieated!

Daniel

Old 12-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Default video

I recorded it, Chrysler - YouTube

Old 12-25-2011, 08:10 PM

I watched the video. The cam or crank sensor is going out. They'll have to scan it and see if there is a code in it. Don't count on this dealer being familiar with your car if they are new though. Try a Mercedes dealer if there is one close.

Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM

cool thanks, it is a mercedes dealer ive been going to. could u pls explain what makes u think that? im gunna take it to them tomoz and have a word.

Old 12-27-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by ukdaniel2323
cool thanks, it is a mercedes dealer ive been going to. could u pls explain what makes u think that? im gunna take it to them tomoz and have a word.

The cam and crank sensors have to be in perfect sync for the PCM to fire the injectors and coils. If there are no codes, they may want to avoid selling you anything. If they are a Mercedes dealer they should be very familiar with these because the only thing Chrysler about a Crossfire is the badging. You will probably have to leave it with them for them to duplicate the long crank time.

Cam sensor is most likely problem from what I saw in the video and your description. Weak magnetic field. This is one of the few commoon things I replace on these.

Fuel pressure bleed-off could be causing the same symptom but usually happens while parked for a long time. A leaking fuel injector would cause bleed-off also, BUT is usually accompanied by a misfire on startup because of raw fuel puddled on top of piston.

Crank sensor is a possibility, but typically they will malfunction when hot or just not work at all and you will get a no-start.