Chrysler Crossfire & Crossfire SRT-6 The base model offers a coupe, convertible, or roadster, but regardless of the model chosen this luxury sports car offers pure driving enjoyment and for those who want a few extra ponies under the hood the supercharged model offers the driver 330 hp

Super Charger Unpredictable

Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Default Super Charger Unpredictable

Hello Guys,

I'm new to this forum and new to the SRT-6. I recently bought a 2005 SRT-6 with 13,000 miles on the clock. My issue is that I find it difficult to predict when the SuperCharger is going to take effect. I have never driven with a Super Charger before and I know there are terminology issues when people say, "it's always on", I know that, but I believe the engine is choosing whether to use the additional power based on my driving style.

Or am I completely wrong and in fact the additional power that the Super Charger brings should be there all the time, constantly available. Please don't misread, when it is 'available' it is very quick but when it thinks I'm wandering thought the country lanes and do not want any power it's a bit lame.

Any thoughts?

Andy

Old 12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Default RE: Super Charger Unpredictable

there is a electric clutch on the front of supercharger that turns on or off go to www.crossfireforum.org there is a section just
for srt 6 cars

Old 06-04-2021, 05:34 PM
Question super charger problems

Hi everyone, I seem to have the same problems some other people here have but cannot find the answer.
Need some help please.
I am at a stop with my crossfire srt and press down on gas pedal and there is very little power...
It seems to me the supercharger is not kicking in. So i travel down the road after getting up to speed then stop at a stop light. Press on the gas and goes like hell ???
Runs good for awhile then starts doing it again ! Hardly make it up a hill...
Has anyone had this happen and what could it be ?
Thanks !

Old 08-18-2021, 02:45 PM

A very common problem with the M112k (3.2L amg supercharged motor in SRT6, SLK32, And C32) is that the ECU reads intake air temp (IAT) that is TOO HIGH (in the manifold) and cuts off the supercharger (by de-activating the clutch). This is almost always caused by a problem in the charge cooler system which will likely be the water pump for charge cooler has failed (or low water level in cars that have been modified to have the charge cooling isolated from the engine cooling). The pump is best replaced with the bosch "010" pump (upgraded factory replacement).

HTH,
Chris

Old 09-03-2021, 06:10 AM
Default super charger problems

Thank you Latemodel21 for the advice. I will try replacing the water pump.
I also read on the threads that the transmission may be going into LIMP mode ? What do you think about this ?
Should I hear a whine noise when the supercharger kicks in Thanks so much for the help......!

Old 09-03-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by ANDY330
Thank you Latemodel21 for the advice. I will try replacing the water pump.
I also read on the threads that the transmission may be going into LIMP mode ? What do you think about this ?
Should I hear a whine noise when the supercharger kicks in Thanks so much for the help......!
If the scenario you described of seeming weak from a start and then "goes like hell" later includes NO stop (engine shut off) in between then I DON'T think you are going into transmission limp mode (as you normally need a "key cycle" to reset that IIRC).

Have you checked for codes (using a professional scanner)? Do you have any way to monitor your intake air temp (IAT), it should be around 25 to 33 degrees F above outside air temp (rising, but to no more than 190 when you flog it).

Most likely it is just your charge cooler pump. When you have a charge cooling issue, the car will run fairly normally until the IAT crosses a threshold temp (somewhere near 200F) then it seems really weak until the charge cooler water cools some (could be a few miles later) which allows the IAT to drop below the shut-off threshold.

HTH,
Chris

Old 09-14-2021, 06:19 PM
Default super charger problems

Can someone tell me how to get to the cooler charge pump. maybe a picture or two.
Thanks....

Old 09-14-2021, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by ANDY330
Can someone tell me how to get to the cooler charge pump. maybe a picture or two.
Thanks....
Remove the belly pan and look in the area behind the passenger side fog light.

BUT REALLY if you are looking for help with your crossfire, you are at the wrong place .... go to the crossfire forum . there you will find this topic covered many dozens of times (with pictures) www.crossfireforum.org