Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 Chrysler Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Angry 04 Chrysler Pacifica

Hi all

I have a chrysler pacifica 04 and the problem that have is that while the key in and accessory position nothing works,radio,etc,etc...When engine is off and key is out of ignition, door locks,
rear door does not open, alarm does not activate, and the dash lights stay on..Activating from key does not work niether...

Now when the engine is runing everything seems fine with exception of the GPS system,screen does not come on with the chrysler logo or work at all...

Hope some one could help...

Thanks

Last edited by TwinEdge; 04-07-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM

any one please...

Old 04-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Well scene U have u have emailed me, asked me the same question on allexperts.com and on here.
I will take a stab at it.
Could be looking at an ign switch,bcm, wire issue or IPM.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Well scene U have u have emailed me, asked me the same question on allexperts.com and on here.
I will take a stab at it.
Could be looking at an ign switch,bcm, wire issue or IPM.

Hey I appreciate your view in the scene...Thats better than nothing... thanks for showing...

I understand the ignition and the BCM (BCM I would hate it to be this)$$$$$$ ouch!!!
You got me with the IPM,what is it? Or better, where is it?

Any way to troubleshoot the problem?

Old 04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

IPM is the fuse box under the hood U wont be able to test it unless U have a dealer scanner. shoot for an ign switch it is the lesser of the 3 things.
a;so for **** and giggles check all your fuses.

Old 04-09-2009, 07:21 AM

thanks a lot...have a good day....

Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 AM

I see that this post was from a couple of years back, but is anyone aware of how it was resolved? The symptoms being described are EXACTLY what I am experiencing, and I was hoping that someone could tell me what they had done to remedy this when they had a similar problem. Please let me know if you have any information about these dashboard and accessory-related problems.
Thanks!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:57 PM

Well so far I haven't fixed anything but today I seem to have noticed that if I put the IOD fuse to normal position and turn the switch to acess. and turn emergency flashes on radio works, dash light turn off, it seems like normal again,(haven't figure out how to make the GPS niether) (but it's not)... I figure there a short circuit some where.. I just need some1 to point me in the right direction... Does any1 have expertise in this matter? any cable I could look at? Thanks...

Old 07-03-2012, 05:17 AM
Default Quite possibly the answer...

If you have the same symptoms as I am other people have here,I may have the answer for you. I found it somewhere online, and it was exactly my issue. There was a design flaw in where Chrysler put one of the power distribution splices in this truck, and they get wet (because of where they are) and corrode. Then, the gremlins come in, because with everything networked in the car and some modules missing, things can go quite haywire...

Disconnect the battery. Open the rear door on the driver side and take out the kickplate that trims the carpet near the door. Carefully roll back the carpet in front of the rear seat a few inches to inspect under it. You should see a wire splice with about 7 wires in it, wrapped in cloth electrical tape. Remove the tape and carefull inspect this splice. If it is like mine was, as soon as you see the splice, you will see the powdery corrosion around it, and possible some wires that are already broken off of it. Repair the splice (wire everything back together), carefully insulate it (and seal it!!!). Reconnect the battery and see what happens!

Let the forum know if it works for you!!!

Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Smile

Originally Posted by dac675
If you have the same symptoms as I am other people have here,I may have the answer for you. I found it somewhere online, and it was exactly my issue. There was a design flaw in where Chrysler put one of the power distribution splices in this truck, and they get wet (because of where they are) and corrode. Then, the gremlins come in, because with everything networked in the car and some modules missing, things can go quite haywire...

Disconnect the battery. Open the rear door on the driver side and take out the kickplate that trims the carpet near the door. Carefully roll back the carpet in front of the rear seat a few inches to inspect under it. You should see a wire splice with about 7 wires in it, wrapped in cloth electrical tape. Remove the tape and carefull inspect this splice. If it is like mine was, as soon as you see the splice, you will see the powdery corrosion around it, and possible some wires that are already broken off of it. Repair the splice (wire everything back together), carefully insulate it (and seal it!!!). Reconnect the battery and see what happens!

Let the forum know if it works for you!!!
Did this work for you?..Thanks

Last edited by TwinEdge; 07-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: 04 Chrysler Pacifica