Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04' Need help with AC/Blower

Old 08-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Default 04' Need help with AC/Blower

Ok..the A/C system seems to be working since I can feel ice cold air drifting through the engine compartment and out through the vents a bit (but only when driving at high speeds). The natural force of air is pushing it through but the fan/blower doesnt work at all. Wont cut on whether its on high or low..no sounds. Just plain dead.

So..since it doesnt run while its set to high, i was told it wasnt the resistor. It was a bad blower motor. Ok. I replaced the blower motor. Green and black wires were the same position as the original so everything looked great.

Turned the car on...still no love.

What now?

Old 08-24-2016, 03:24 PM

Is it automatic temperature control or manual? Auto system is where you set a temperature in, manual just turn a **** from red to blue.

With the auto system, there's a module that controls fan speed. Manual system has the resistors.

If it's not the fan module, then you're going to have to trace back from the blower motor to the control head and possibly the body control module to see where the power went missing.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:53 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Is it automatic temperature control or manual? Auto system is where you set a temperature in, manual just turn a **** from red to blue.

With the auto system, there's a module that controls fan speed. Manual system has the resistors.

If it's not the fan module, then you're going to have to trace back from the blower motor to the control head and possibly the body control module to see where the power went missing.
Ok. Yes. Its an auto system. Ill look for the module and go from there. Ugh. Well...upside is I got a new blower motor. Ha. Hopefully i wont have to sink too much more into it to get it working again. Lol.

Thank you! Im still figuring this car out. Got it from my mother 2 weeks ago and it looks nice but has several small issues that need TLC. Im in gulf coast mississippi... The AC definitely needs to be sorted out first. Haha.