Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04-pac head light question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Default 04-pac head light question

I have a 04 Pacifica that I've had to replace the pass side head light 3 times and this morning the driver side went out. This will be the 3rd time of this side now. Each time I take it to the dealership to replace since I don't have the tool to do it myself (I'm told it takes a special tool specifically for the pac). I've asked the dealership to specific look at why this is so often and each time told the headlight simply burned out. This seems like too often. Has anyone else expreienced the same or has heard of this happening that can offer a suggestion? Thanks.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM

I changed my driver side before, the only thing you have to do is take out the battery and flip over the fuse box (its meant that way you will see where teh springs are) and remove the black rubber protection. Then reach in twist counter clockwise till it can be pulled out. replace the bulb and put everything back.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm pretty sure that you can take out the headlight with 2 screws and change the bulb that way, it'll be easier than taking the battery out. On my 05 anyway
Kevin

Old 04-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by pacdriver
I have a 04 Pacifica that I've had to replace the pass side head light 3 times and this morning the driver side went out. This will be the 3rd time of this side now. Each time I take it to the dealership to replace since I don't have the tool to do it myself (I'm told it takes a special tool specifically for the pac). I've asked the dealership to specific look at why this is so often and each time told the headlight simply burned out. This seems like too often. Has anyone else experienced the same or has heard of this happening that can offer a suggestion? Thanks.
Replacing headlights on the Pacifica is REALLY EASY and all it requires is a screwdriver or an appropriate sized box wrench. I can say this with assurance because I have done this numerous times. The reason I do this often is that I am running the brighter than normal bulbs, which yield more light but don't last anywhere near as long. Consequently, At least once a year, if not more I am changing a bulb. You only need to take out the 2 screws that are on top of the headlight and slide the assembly out the front. It does clip in and must be unclipped requiring a little bit of pressure, but that's it! NO SPECIAL TOOLS REQUIRED AT ALL!

Let me know if you have any questions.....

Old 04-27-2009, 07:39 AM

Note, from my experience it can be a bit tricky. You will need to finagle it out and in but it's not that difficult.