Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 pacifica wiper problem restarting engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Default 04 pacifica wiper problem restarting engine

Please help
When I turn on the front wipers, they do not work and I hear a small click and the car basically restarts. Engine, abs, airbag lights all come on for a second. Also everything shuts off for a second (lights radio etc). It is like I turned the key off for a second and restarted it.

This only happens when I turn the wipers on

Old 10-12-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by blizzard07
Please help
When I turn on the front wipers, they do not work and I hear a small click and the car basically restarts. Engine, abs, airbag lights all come on for a second. Also everything shuts off for a second (lights radio etc). It is like I turned the key off for a second and restarted it.

In my pacifica I had the same behavior (everything shutting off, lights, radio etc for only a fraction of a second), and it was caused by a bad battery. I changed the battery, never had the problem again.
But for me it didnt happen when turning on the wipers, it happened randomly, also my electric trunk didn't open completely sometimes, also that was gone after changing the battery....

Old 06-13-2015, 05:41 PM
Default Did you have any fix on this??

Please help

Did you have any fix on that issue??

Old 06-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Default Did you get it fixed?

Please help

Did you have any fix on this?

Old 03-15-2018, 03:14 AM
Default same issue with Pacifica any help with an solution

I have the exact same issue can a tech help out with the Pacifica problem.

Old 03-15-2018, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tyler Blackmon

only when I try to use the wiper switch everything flickers for a second then it’s back to normal

Old 03-15-2018, 06:23 AM

What year is yours and how old is the battery? Also would be good to have it "load tested" for possible bad cell and proper Ca/cca available to the cars electrical system. AND check and CLEAN ground connections from battery to body and motor points. Easy to do, just follow the black NEG. cable from the battery. This may not be the EXACT answer to your situation, but a GOOD place to start.

Old 03-17-2018, 02:05 AM
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by REBEL59
What year is yours and how old is the battery? Also would be good to have it "load tested" for possible bad cell and proper Ca/cca available to the cars electrical system. AND check and CLEAN ground connections from battery to body and motor points. Easy to do, just follow the black NEG. cable from the battery. This may not be the EXACT answer to your situation, but a GOOD place to start.
the battery is old but it still starts the car . But I’ll get i new one the Pacifica is a 04 and would it be ok to add grounds to the motor? I had seen on here that the grounds are not all that good mine kinda look old as crap.. but I think the guy who put the tranny in somehow touched the power wire for the alternator to the body of the car . The perhaps f ‘d up my battery

Old 05-24-2018, 05:32 PM
Default only happens when I turn the wipers on

There are 3 ground studs on the driver side inner fender, towards the front. Two of the studs have a cluster of several grounds wires soldered to a Loop.. Guaranteed if you remove the nuts and check the wires ,your going to find wires broken in the clusters. how do I know , had the exact same issues with my 04. Pullout the battery and tray will make reaching the studs much easier but there's still not a lot of room. strip back the wires ,I did it in 4 groups of wires ( did not have connectors large enough to do it in 2 groups) soldered the wire together, crimped on the new ground loops put everything back together,working like new, issues are all gone. Word of warning if you take it to a shop their probably going to tell you it's the IPCM (integrated power control module) or as most of us know it as the fuse box and it very well may be, their known for going bad but do yourself a favor check the ground wires on these studs could save you quite a bit of cash

Old 12-15-2020, 11:11 PM

the battery is old but it still starts the car . But I’ll get i new one the Pacifica is a 04 and would it be ok to add grounds to the motor? I had seen on here that the grounds are not all that good mine kinda look old as crap.. but I think the guy who put the tranny in somehow touched the power wire for the alternator to the body of the car . The perhaps f ‘d up my battery
Hey I know this is pretty old so idk if you will see this.. but did you end up figuring the issue out?

Same thing just happened to my g/fs 04 Pacifica while driving in the rain. Now when I go to use windshield wipers they don't work and all the dash lights come on for 2-3 seconds and headlights go off.. then everything goes back to norma and the wipers move like a fraction of an inch.. Her dad found a ****ty ground down by the front axel and replaced it hoping it was the fix but it didn't help.

Her battery is close to being dead though could that really be the issue?? The car starts just fine every time.. but over the past month if lights are left on with door open for 5+ minutes it won't start and needs to be jumped.. Wish there was a way to know if the battery is the issue before spending so much on a battery just to have it not fix the issue. I know she will need a new battery anyways but we didn't wanna put money into it because she is not keeping it much longer but we NEED the wipers for now at least.