Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

'05 Pacifica and iPod options...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 03:04 PM
Default '05 Pacifica and iPod options...

My wife drives our 05 Pacifica and uses her ipod religiously. We've tried FM mods and cassette adapters and both suck pretty bad. The radio has a mode button, so I'm guessing that aux devices are an option. Has anyone added a direct line (no plug on front of radio) for their ipod? I'm a mechanics dream since I'm an idiot when it comes to self-repairs, but I really don't want to pay some outrageous installation fees. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Perry

Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 PM

I pretty sure there is a mopar ipod adapter that plugs into the back of the radio, but I would check Ebay first.
Like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-2006-2007-C...#ht_2475wt_732

Old 04-25-2010, 02:45 PM

Here are a couple of links.

First to the Chrysler add on (OK, the page won't load directly. Put in '05 Pacifica, then audio video, then Uconnect/Bluetooth wire...then Ipod integration). Pretty pricey. However, with the exception of possibly drilling a hole in the glove box to route the connector it looks mostly plug and play. The directions don't give any detailed info on how to remove/replace panels or the radio.

Secondly to an aftermarket unit from Crutchfield. I have installed the aftermarket type before and it worked well - did so on a Ford Explorer. As I recall I had to wire into ground and power independently of the plug into the factory radio, and then just route the Ipod connector to a comfortable spot.

Basically both units plug in where a CD changer control is, or wood have been Check the "installation details" on the Crutchfield page as it describes what functionality you could lose as a result of the install - for instance cd changer control/video if installed.

I am a fan of Crutchfield as they send very detailed diagrams showing how to remove panels etc. Plus their phone support is very good.

Good luck. I have a direct connection in all my vehicles - My '05 has the aux jacks and my Honda has it built in - and it is great. However, my hook ups don't also charge the Ipod the way both of these options do.

Last edited by busboy4; 04-25-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:45 PM

I have a 2004 Pacifica, with a cassette and it works wonderfully with the ipod, no problem whatsover. Just plug the cassette into the ipod and push the cassette in, and it's fine.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:23 AM

I'd recommend trying another FM transmitter because some are way better than others. I had one with a long wire antenna that performed barely adequately. When the wire got snagged and pulled out, I bought another one with no wire the worked so well you'd hardly know it was a transmitter. (It was an MP3 player, so no point in naming models) They aren't throw-away cheap, but it's still cheaper than the alternatives.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:20 AM

We have an '05 and I recently added an aux input. I used the "aux-box" by PAC. It plugged right into the back of the radio with the included cable. It has RCA outputs, so I got a RCA to 3.5 (headphone jack) adapter at my local stereo shop. It ran me about $6. I hid the aux-box in the center console and mounted the 3.5 input in that blank pop-out panel to the left of the little hold with the hinged lid on it. Near the front of the center console. All-in-all it took me about twenty minutes and works great. Hope this helps. Oh, FYI - you will need to have a constant power source. I just tapped into the power port on the right that is connected directly to the battery.