Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

'06 Pacifica Ft. rattles, clunks

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM

I just climbed out from under my Pacifica to find my clunk and rattle source as described above. My suspension, both sides, streering rack, and all associated hardware are tight and fine, BESIDES... my drives side control arm. All three bushings are rotted, dry, and junk./ Pretty sad when I have an 05 w/ 56k miles that has this type of failure. Guess it's time to fix this...

Old 05-10-2012, 01:36 PM

One control arm should have two bushings.
I have found two choices for these arms: Mevotech ($100/piece) or Mopar ($400/piece).
I have two Mevotech control arms for sale.
Mevotechs seem to be decent, but the ball joint boot fails earlier on Mevotech parts so I replaced it with a Moog ball joint K80759 boot. Actually one of the control arm boots was already broken when the arm was in the box, lol. I just did the boots because the ball joint looked about as good as the Moog ball joint I bought. Autopartstomorrow.com had the Moog ball joints for $16 a piece and next day shipping is free with a purchase of $50, so I got some brake pads too. The control arms I think I got somewhere else, I forget.

Took me a long time to figure all this out. Also if you want to build your own polyurethane bushings make sure you read up on the specifics real well. I spent $200 on polyurethane and a bunch of time/work before I realized I did it wrong.

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-26/pacifica-control-arms-mevotech-ms25179-ms25180-moog-ball-joints-k80759-16379/

Old 05-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Default Front end clunks

OK, did the passenger side wheel bearing which was fairly easy compared to other hub's that I've done. Upon completion I had my helper turn the steering wheel all the way in both directions to check for the ABS cable clearance which was fine, but what I did find is that the lower control arm bushings are shot! The control arm bushings were clearly shot as you can see the control arm move quite a bit at the bushings when the steering wheel is turned to maximum in either direction. With all the people who are experiencing this problem and a TSB put out for it, you might think that Chrysler used the cheapest bushings they could find in these vehicles, or it's just another bad Chrysler design to add to the list . Looks like lower control arm's are in my near future, YAY!! 3 engine mounts, 2 wheel bearings, sway bar bushings and now control arm's in the past 2 months. I feel bad for the Pacifica owners who have to take it to a shop to have their front ends rebuilt. I might as well do the sway bar links and tie rod ends while I'm at it. I'll have a whole new front end. Should be good for a couple more years!