Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica growl

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 03:23 PM
Default 06 Pacifica growl

My wife's '06 Pacifica has a growling noise at low idle. I did some searching and determined it is the alternator. Also I noticed the cap on the alternator pulley is starting to come off a little and there is a small amount of reddish dust or dye around the back of the pulley and around the front of the alternator. Is this from a bad bearing? Should I replace the pulley or the entire alternator?

Old 10-17-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Blackriver
My wife's '06 Pacifica has a growling noise at low idle. I did some searching and determined it is the alternator. Also I noticed the cap on the alternator pulley is starting to come off a little and there is a small amount of reddish dust or dye around the back of the pulley and around the front of the alternator. Is this from a bad bearing? Should I replace the pulley or the entire alternator?
Blackriver,

Welcome to the forum.
Have you been having any hard starting issues?
It may be time to replace the alternator, especially if it's still the original.
Certainly worth having it looked at to determine what exactly needs to be replaced.