Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica motor mounts

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 AM
Default 06 Pacifica motor mounts

To add to the woe's that my Pac is having, I recently discovered a clunk when I hit the gas from a dead stop. Someone suggested checking the engine mounts. Sure enough, the motor was lifting and making a clunk. It was the hydraulic mount by the radiator which I replaced with a cheaper generic brand mount. The clunk went away for about a week and then I started hearing it again. So I looked at all the other mounts. The upper front of the engine mount was bad, and it appeared that the one called a torque strut or torque mount at the rear of the transmission was worn so I replaced those too. Still the same. The engine is still lifting when I hit the gas in drive, but it goes down slowly. Before it just fell down because the mount lost it's fluid. Now does anyone know if this cheap mount that I put in could have gone bad and is letting the motor lift, but still lets it down slowly??? It did not leak any fluid. I have no idea how far the motor should lift if at all, and can this mount be bad even though it hasn't lost any fluid? It was a real pain in the butt to replace and I really don't want to do it again! Anyone know if there should be any lift and if so how much??? It seems to be lifting almost as much as it did when the original mount went bad, but the clunk isn't quite as bad as it was the first time. I didn't look to see if the engine was lifting after I replaced the mount, but the clunk was definately gone for a week or so and now it's back.