Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica transponder keys

Old 03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Default 06 Pacifica transponder keys

Im thinking of getting extra keys for my pac and wanted to know if programing the transponder has to be with the dealer?Thanks in advance
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-28-2007, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 06 Pacifica transponder keys

yeah the dealer will haft to programs it because its a SKIM key. Humm unless u can get the part number from the seller dont buys it because it might not work for your car. The keys are setup via part number and only certan part numbers will work on certan cars. For example seabrings,nitos,trucks,mini vans basicly all chrysler now a days use the same keys setup but different part numbers. Yours is on the back of the key U have now.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:43 PM

Here are instructions pulled from dodgeforum.com. Seems really easy and senseless to pay 1/2 shop labor for 2 minutes of work that doesn't require special tools or skills. Tell me how it works.

Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:

1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector.

Old 11-10-2007, 01:28 PM

I tried thedirections for reprogrammingand they didn't work on a Pacifica.

Old 11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

no no no u should not spread around stuff that u have no experence in doing or what u are talking about. The transponder key is the key fob and Skim key in one Only a dealer can program this kinda key. The system is for not alowing the car to start if the key and car do not match up, no hack job will program it. IF u are that hard off I would suggest that u do not loose the keys or keep a spare one that will open the door only.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:11 PM

I appreciate your opinion. However, your reply is just as useless as the information I was refuting.

Your credentials (and who knows whether they're true) indicate that the you should know how to reprogram the remote. So how can we do it?

Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM
moe

chrysler techis right!!you really need to take it back to dealership.when you have the key it will not work unless you have the key code from chrysler.you put the code in (the star scan tool)and it asks if you sure twice,because it will really mess your car up if its wrong.it will lock you out.then after you put the code in it transfers your vin # to all the modules.don't mess with trying it your self. moe

Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

I do know how to program a remote and key they are done at the same time on a 06 the key and remote is built into each other and require the 4 number pin only a chrysler dealer can get ahold of and program. Thay system is proprietary to chrysler only no other maker of any car or scan tool can get access to this info. ANY KEY WITH TEH REMOTE AND KEY IN ONE HAS TO BE DONE AT A DEALER ONLY. Can i make myself any more clear?
As for my credentials I would be Mt Everest and you would be a hill.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:26 AM
moe

No reason for that dsm.We're here trying to help.Tech has helped with alot of problems.you can cause more problems by jumping across terminals at the data connector.I know you guys sound like you hate the dealer but not all dearships have rip off techs.Iv'e met some very smart guys thru training that chrysler provides .its the jackasses that try to sell you every thing you didn't come in for that makes every body so angry.My law is fix the car first.then if you seen anything that needs attention tell the owner.MOE

Old 11-13-2007, 11:50 AM

I hate to jump in, but I too question Chrysler Tech credentials. He previously gave me wrong information, telling me a wiring harness would work for an aftermarket radio. After tons of research, I proved him wrong and I found the correct interface.

If you need another example...How about TPMS. He's telling people that only the dealer can reset them. That's bs. I've transfered my TPMS valve stems to aftermarket wheels and then back to stock for winter without needing any dealer to reprogram. They program themselves after every rotation/tire change.

A true Chrysler tech would know that, and not give people false information. I've seen it on a number of threads, but just felt the need to speak up this time.

Sorry if you guys take this the wrong way, but we really need to check where our information is coming from.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Pacifica transponder keys