Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

08 Pacifica Transmission problem

Old 08-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Default 08 Pacifica Transmission problem

I have an 08 Pacifica with 4.0L and 6 speed trans. A few days ago my wife calls while on her way to work and says the trans is doing something funky. Shes on the highway and says it feels like the trans is not grabbing, whining and the car won't accelerate. She pulls over and stops. Then says the trans is whining and won't shift at low speed. She stops for a minute again, puts it in park and goes through the gears and puts it into auto stick and says its shifting ok. This happened for the first time a few days ago. After the first time it shifted fine for the next few days, then it happened again. She stopped, went through the gears while stopped and started off in auto stick and it seemed to shift ok. After she got out of work today she drove it home in drive and it seemed to be ok. I could not get it to do this while I was driving so I have to go by what she says. Can't say if it was in limp mode or what, but somethings going on..I spoke to a dealer who did a little digging and said that the auto trans control relay which is mounted somewhere on the fan shroud often falls off the shroud and hangs upside down. It will get wet and corrode causing problems. I have not checked that yet but will do today...Anyone have this happen or have an idea of what might be causing this intermittent problem with the transmission???