Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 Blower motor issue...

Old 11-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Default 2004 Blower motor issue...

I've read a lot of the posts dealing with this, and "kicking it" seems to provide a temporary fix. It still isn't working. I've had a number of issues with my AC/heater front blower motor. I dealt with the bad resistor, which is now replaced. So that means the blower motor isn't blowing full blast the whole time.

If it blows full blast the whole time without the resistor, why wouldn't the new resistor be able to control it to blow as directed?

Right now, after kicking it, it spins and is mostly controlled but sounds sick. It buzzes, and my latest drive tonight to dinner, it changed speeds randomly.

I'm good with replacing it, if necessary, but I wonder if it's truly the motor or one of the wires or a bearing issue.

Old 11-30-2014, 08:29 PM

I'd change it. Just get 1 off a Caravan (2003-2007) from a srap yard. Its the same part. There cheap, so if it turns out not to be the part, not everything is lost.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:06 PM

I'm with you on that. The scrap yard isn't good where I am. The only one nearby doesn't seem to have anything compatible. At this point, I'm curious as to the blower's behavior.

Old 11-30-2014, 09:09 PM

I'd say probably the bearing is going. My blower motor seized on me during the winter last year. I guess from all the dampness/heat, then damp again, rust forms on the bearing. Maybe try removing it,spray a little bit of WD-40 and that might fix it. When I installed the new blower motor, i put some on for good measure.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:03 AM

The blower was whining in ours and I replaced it. kind of a PIA because I was upside down doing it working under the dash but overall not THAT bad.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by cirrus98
I'd say probably the bearing is going. My blower motor seized on me during the winter last year. I guess from all the dampness/heat, then damp again, rust forms on the bearing. Maybe try removing it,spray a little bit of WD-40 and that might fix it. When I installed the new blower motor, i put some on for good measure.
Yeah...might not be a bad idea. I've already tested the new blower motor, so I know it's very different. The car is 10 years old, so it's probably time for a new blower motor.

Now if I can just figure out why my oil light is on. #newProblemAfterOld

Old 12-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Jwrbloom
Yeah...might not be a bad idea. I've already tested the new blower motor, so I know it's very different. The car is 10 years old, so it's probably time for a new blower motor.

Now if I can just figure out why my oil light is on. #newProblemAfterOld
unless your car is making some loud engine noise's then it is probably the engine oil pressure sending unit. Kind of bitch to get to and you do need the oil pressure sending unit socket (you can get at autozone or oreily's etc)and a long long set of extensions. I think when I did the wifes I had about 2' of extensions. You have to take the inner fender well off and it is right above the ac compressor. The biggest pain is taking the plug out as they have the little red clips on the connector that keep it from coming off. Other than that, its not to bad. Her PAC is a 2005 3.5L V6

Old 12-02-2014, 10:59 AM

When you say the sender kit, you mean oil pump?

Old 12-02-2014, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jwrbloom
When you say the sender kit, you mean oil pump?
No. Its like a pressure transducer that monitors the pressure that is coming out of the oil pump. It sends a signal in a range back (in mA or V) to your PCM (or BCM however its wired) to makes your gauge go up or down a certain amount or sends a signal to the BCM to turn your oil light on when it is low/high on pressure. I have seen them get clogged when people don't change their oil enough or when it is low on oil. TYPICALLY that is what is so make sure you have enough oil and the engine isn't very loud and if those are ok, I would replace the sending unit. If the engine is making knocking or ticking sounds, you will want to put a mechanical gauge on it to make sure the pump is acting correctly. What I have seen is the unit becomes brittle and cracks over time and oil gets inside of it.

Old 12-02-2014, 07:09 PM

I've been told that PACs are bad for the oil light. I changed mine, and 3 months later(warranty is up), light comes on again. Looked around and everything sells the same thing. there is no high end model.