Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 pacifica immobilizer

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
Default 2004 pacifica immobilizer

Hello All,

I have read many posts, both on here and other sites regarding the 'service immobilizer' in the EVIC. I am currently experiencing this problem myself. More specifically, Sometimes when I turn on the Pac it will not even startup but simply read 'service immobilizer'. If I let her sit for a few hours and return she will start up. I cannot figure out what could be the cause.

In a service manual I have it states that the SKREEM would send this message and it reads when the key is not being recognized. Wouldnt this happen all the time if it was a faulty key? The SKREEM is located in the Body Control Module from what the manual says and it states that failure of one or some components in the BCM are possible.

My question is: How can I determine this myself if possible. The malfunction indicator light has'nt come on at all since this 1st started so probably no fault codes. Has anyone experienced this same scenario? and if so, why the certain amount of time before it turns on again? (possible bcm and or skreem reset after a certain amount of time?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. I intend to take it either to the dealership or a trusted mechanic.

Thanks in advance
Yorksir

Old 09-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Last edited by TNtech; 09-21-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Default a little clarification

I dont know what ........ means. If its a response to the last part about me going to the dealership, Im asking these questions to see if its maybe something I can correct myself or if I do go I am more than properly informed when negotiating the repair and price. I dont want to do any extra work thats not needed. I dont want the 'replace until its right' approach.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

if its a screem issue there is nothing u can do yourself have a dealer check it out.
Its designed as a built in alarm system if everyone knew how to work and mess with them then what is the point of having an alarm?

Old 09-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Default agreed, but...

I fully understend about the skreem, thats why im at the dealership. What im trying to gather is if it could possibly be something else affecting the skreem.

I only ask because I work for a cellphone company as a service tech and although a cellphone and a car are worlds apart in complexity, the process is the same, triage, diagnosis, repair, verify. In a service facility, you identify the issue, try to duplicate it, repair it, verified that its repaired. If the issue is not immediately found, and all triaging has been exhausted, move on.

If i have an idea of another system that can affect the skreem then i can make the dealership aware of it in case they find nothing wrong with the skreem or bcm itself.

A good tech would look at other systems as part of there troubleshooting. But not all techs are good techs, takes experience.(some things are not found in troubleshooting and repair guidelines).

Old 09-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

the skreem is self contained it does not relay on any other system t work but powers and ground. Systems in the care are separate in a sense where they wont relay to work with each other unless its commutation issues. U more then likely have the skreem module or the pcm at fault

Old 09-24-2011, 11:42 PM

I got the immobilizer message last January.....( after running into a ice/snow pile).
One of the computer plugs (electrical connector) came loose. The computer is located in front of the drivers side front wheel. Looking up from the ground you can see it. The plugs have red latches them. If you don't have fog lights you can see these connectors through the louvers; as I did.
... If it wasn't ice or snow you may have bottomed out on a parking curb or a sidewalk in front of a store.
............GOOD LUCK

Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by pacblvd
I got the immobilizer message last January.....( after running into a ice/snow pile).
One of the computer plugs (electrical connector) came loose. The computer is located in front of the drivers side front wheel. Looking up from the ground you can see it. The plugs have red latches them. If you don't have fog lights you can see these connectors through the louvers; as I did.
... If it wasn't ice or snow you may have bottomed out on a parking curb or a sidewalk in front of a store.
............GOOD LUCK
Yeah that's a super dumb place to put a PCM. (in the drivers' wheel well)They did that on a couple years of minivans and the Neon too. Makes it a PITA to pin out stuff too.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by yorksir
I dont know what ........ means.
It means I posted in the wrong thread and can't delete posts, only edit

If you have a second key try it. If that doesn't work, odds are your SKIM module has died.

Old 06-10-2013, 11:06 AM

I have a 2004 Pacifica I hear a rattle noise when I press the gas and when I go in drive the car shuts off

Quick Reply: 2004 pacifica immobilizer