Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 Pacifica Wiper/Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Question 2004 Pacifica Wiper/Electrical Issue

I have an '04 Pacifica that is having issues with the front wipers.
About a month or so ago, when I would turn on the wiper switch, the wipers would go about halfway up, hesitate for a moment, finish going up and go down fine. This was an intermittent problem. Now I turn on the switch, they don't move and the headlights blink on and off, I lose the heater/AC, radio and the airbag and ABS light will come on and the tach will flip out.
We've replaced the fuse box under the hood, we've replaced the wiper motor and the switch on the steering column.
We are pulling our hair out trying to fix this. This is my only car and of course we are getting one of the rainiest summers I can remember. I can't keep walking to the store. I've got a bad spine and need my car back.
If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

By the way, this all started after we had issues with the right turn signal that wouldn't work. That was an electrical issue too.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:47 PM

The post right above is the same. Check this link.
https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...ge2/#post89851

Old 10-08-2017, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Royalman
Royalman, had the same issue with my 2004 Pacifica and finally located the ground and black/yellow wires(2 of them).Here are the steps and photos in links below..
1) removed the battery, then the battery box, (2) 1/2 in nuts and (1) 1/2" bolt.
2) Disconnect the Crusie Vacuum line and another connection from the bottom of the box as you lift it out.
3) Then below to the left of the battery box you removed on fender there are (3) ground lugs, remove the bolts from all (3) lugs to get to the lug farthest to the left where the (2) YELLOW/BLACK wires are in the group of wires,
4) I then cut the (2) BLACK/YELLOW wires from the connector and put the (2) BLACK/YELLOW wires in new connector(yellow)in the pictures,
5) reattached to new connector with wires to the lug with the other connector with the other wires.
6) reattached the other connectors on the other (2) ground lugs,
7) reattached the Crusie Vacuum line and another connection onto the bottom of the battery box and installed with nuts and bolts
8) put the battery in the box and reattached the terminals and I now have WIPERS AGAIN....
Here are some photos to reference the location: https://photos.app.goo.gl/W4368yVvSYLY3h8u2

Question 2004 Pacifica Wiper/Electrical Issue
About a month or so ago, when I would turn on the wiper switch, the wipers would go about halfway up, hesitate for a moment, finish going up and go down fine. This was an intermittent problem. Now I turn on the switch, they don't move and the headlights blink on and off, I lose the heater/AC, radio and the airbag and ABS light will come on and the tach will flip out.
We've replaced the fuse box under the hood, we've replaced the wiper motor and the switch on the steering column.
We are pulling our hair out trying to fix this. This is my only car and of course we are getting one of the rainiest summers I can remember. I can't keep walking to the store. I've got a bad spine and need my car back.

By the way, this all started after we had issues with the right turn signal that wouldn't work. That was an electrical issue too.

Royalman'S REPLY

Last edited by 04 Pac Owner Ohio; 10-08-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by nightphoenix

Hey I know this is a very old thread so you probably won't see this.. but in the rare chance that you do.. did you ever end up fixing this? 100% same exact thing happens with my g/fs car. Turn wipers on and they don't go.. headlights shut off and dash lights all come on for a few seconds... then everything goes back to normal and wipers move like 2cm