Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 pacifica wont start

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:56 AM

I have a challenging one for ya. I have a 2004 chrysler pacifica that probably won't begin. I have complete battery energy pack, tried changing the beginning and still no go. The relays are excellent in the blend box... I am out of concepts.... any suggestions?.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:29 PM

This worked for me great post saved me.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Default 2004 Pacifica won't start

If it's the negative battery connection, like in the picture, then you should be able to start it by using your jumper cables from black negative to block/motor/bolt as suggested earlier. Unfortunately I tried this and it won't start. Battery seems fine, everything works, radio, light etc.. but it won't even crank or make any noise when I try to start it. It has a new alternator and starter. It ran great earlier and after we parked it, it won't restart. Any suggestions that I should try...Need help.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:19 PM

I know this is old, but this thread saved my sanity!!!!

The jumper cables DID NOT work for me. I was three seconds away from starting the starter removal process.

I did all the above, even putting the jumper on the actual bolt and still didn't get anything from the starter. After attaching the ground to the a new ring, charging the battery, it started right up.

There was so much corrosion on the tip, it just wasn't enough to ground.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Default 2006 pacifica no start

So I have been following this forum for awhile I have tried everything on it first I checked obvious ones batteries starter good fully charged then I check relays then I installed ground wire from negative cable to starter bolt then I checked the three grounds under the power distribution box and replaced ends then I checked the ground by strut tower then I checked signal wire to started it had some corrosion in connector so used connected spray and pic cleaned it out plugged back in now when I did wire from negative to block it worked for few seconds then nothing I am very tech Savoy but I don't have tech manual or electrical diags now when I turn key there is clicking in the junction box but its not to specific. relay its all them I am just at a loss

Old 08-31-2015, 08:17 PM
Default asking about the wire

WHERE can I get the wire from...? Only the dealer? I tried like 3 different auto parts stores...

Old 11-08-2015, 06:15 PM

Hey guys, hopefully someone had same issue..
Just bought 2005 pacifica 107xxx miles, came desasembled on valve cover including spark plugs...
Well, no big deal i putted everything back. But it wont start 😠😢 it crancks and turns but no start no spark.. i do have gas pressure.. i replaced crankshaft sensor but still nothing!! Any ideas?

Old 04-24-2016, 02:35 PM

I need help have similar problem car died change computer out chang map sensor out and camshaft sensor out now still getting camshaft sensor bad and system immobilizer message on display

Old 09-03-2016, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dawn McPherson McKee
I am also having a problem with my pacifica..i has been acting funny for a while, sometimes it would start right up, other times it won't turn over at all..no today I can;t get it to start at all...thought maybe the ignition switch was going out, but don't know what to try
I'm having the same problem! I realize this is an old post, but did you ever figure out what was wrong? I'm stranded 30 miles from home right now trying to get it to start!

Old 11-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Default I had same issue can you help?

Originally Posted by petermichael
hey fellow 04 owner.

take a pair of jumper cables and connect from the negative battery terminal to the engine block. use both the black and the red cables (more connection). this should work, temporarily, and then you will know your negative wire is no good. happened to me and several others.

the fix is a good sized wire directly from negative terminal to one of the starter bolts. (i used a 4 gauge) it starts like it never started before.
I had the same issue going on tried the jumper cables like you suggested and the car started cranking over but still won't start.. Do you have any other suggestions?

Quick Reply: 2004 pacifica wont start