Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004 Pac's Headlight Lenses have "crazed"

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Default 2004 Pac's Headlight Lenses have "crazed"

Hi, I am the original owner of an early 2004 Pac , it is garaged at home, but out in the elements ( Houston) at my office. The paint & trim is holding up well, but the headlight lenses are looking bad.

I want to emphasize they are NOT yellow. They are pitted and crazed to the point that they are beginning to look a little like frosted glass.

I have already tried the anti-yellowing paste, it makes them look "wet" for an hour or so, then it's back to looking bad again.

I want to replace them. Here's my question. Do I have to replace the whole headlight assembly, or is it possible to just remove and replace the lens cover ?

Thanks.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

replace the whole assembly the lens is not serviceable

Old 09-03-2010, 07:53 AM

here are a couple of links for a set found on ebay while looking for something else, but the price seems reasonable.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...Q5fAccessories

hope this helps

Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Default 2007/2008 headlight assemblies not compatible with '04

teamfatmouse,

Thanks for the links, I will continue to look on ebay, but the posts on ebay are for 2007/08, which is not compatible with the '04.

In 2007, the Pacifica received a mild facelift on the front end, consequently the headlight assemblies are not compatible.

Thanks again !

Brooks Davis, aka steelydanfan........

Old 09-07-2010, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by steelydanfan
I have already tried the anti-yellowing paste, it makes them look "wet" for an hour or so, then it's back to looking bad again.
Anti-yellowing paste is not enough. To get rid of hazy headlights, you will have to wet-sand it with grit paper, polish it with polishing compound and then seal it. Consider following steps:

First of all tape off around the headlights. You can start with around 300 or 500 grit sandpaper. It will turn the headlamps white. Then work your way back up until you are using 2000 grit and finish off with a polishing compound with appropriate applicator. Then you can seal it with a plastic sealant or clear coat.

Or you can use one of so called 'all in one headlight restoration kits'. Look at the following link:

http://blog.vec.com/2010/07/19/revie...-kit-epic-win/

Also look at the ebay item # 350320921410 to prevent headlights from getting hazy again.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

that crap does not work hey rain where ya from?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
that crap does not work
Well the original poster is ready to replace his headlights anyway, so what is the harm in trying these tricks? At worst he would damage the headlights, so he still can go out and buy new ones, right.

I am 150 miles north of your town.

Last edited by Raindrop; 09-08-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Super Moderator

it works for 6 months tops the amount of time U spend on it get news ones and be done I got some family up there

Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 AM

Agree with you Chrysler Tech, the kits don't really work. My lenses are "crazed," I mean millions of little star shaped lines that appear in the lenses. Some of these craze lines look like they go through the lens, so to get rid of them, the whole lens has to go.

It is a shame you can't just replace the front lenses, the rest of the assembly ( which is about 95%) is still good. Talk about filling up landfills.............gheeez...............

Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM

Mine are starting to look bad too. I have around 63K miles on my 2006. I know most of the reason why is winters and gravel roads in Iowa.

I was thinking about replacing them with OEM xenon, but am not sure if they are a direct swap.

Unrelated and speaking of Iowa winters, I am also waiting for my exhaust to rust off. It looks bad.

Quick Reply: 2004 Pac's Headlight Lenses have "crazed"