Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 pac-seat control problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Default 2005 pac-seat control problem

intermittedly both front seats cannot be moved-checked the fuseno problemtried it
with key on key off -still wont work-then out of the blue it may work sometime

Old 01-27-2009, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2005 pac-seat control problem

possible memory seat module

Old 01-28-2009, 01:56 AM

Thanks for the replyI'm not sure if I have the memory seat on this car-just got it
It's a 2005 touringdo all the touring have that
alsois the module located in the fuse box area-Ill check it immediately if it is

Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

under the driver seat even if u dont have memory the same module does the seats both of them.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:32 PM

Mr K
ThanksI dont have memory module-did look under the front seat and yes, there are what looks like two separate motorshave to take the skirt of the front seat to get at themtaped them and jiggled wiresboth seats worked for say 5 min-went away came backboth seats dead again.
Is there a module also under the front seat-one for each seat-then the motors-seems that the wires or Module? would be the problem and not the motors since they both work or both dont work-perhaps theres some type of relay under there?

Carl

Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Service InformationDESCRIPTION A Memory Heated Seat/Adjustable Pedal Module (MHSAPM) is used on vehicles that are equipped with the heated seat system option. A Memory Seat/Adjustable Pedal Module (MSAPM) is used on vehicles that are not equipped with the heated seat system option. This module contains all the software and control logic for the front memory/heated and power seat systems, as well as the adjustable foot pedal system. The memory heated seat/adjustable pedal module contains a central processing unit and interfaces with the Programmable Communications Interface (PCI) data bus circuit. Refer to the Heated Seat System section for more information on the heated seat system. Refer to the Power Seat System section for more information on the power/memory seat system. The module is packaged in a black molded plastic case which is mounted under the edge of the driver side front seat cushion. This location makes it somewhat difficult to access because it sits between the power seat track and the seat cushion frame. Refer to the following procedure in this section for detailed removal and installation instructions

Old 02-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Default 05 pac power seat controls

Mr K
Went under front driver seat and giggled and moved all wiring.
Now the controls work for the pass seat ( two controls ) and two out of three work for the drivers seat.
The one that dosent work for the pass seat is the control that moves it back and forth,
since the others work would you think it's just the motor that controls that
or could it still be something in the control mod---it's going to probaly be expensive
to replace a motor so I was thinking if that needs to be done could I use the motor
that controls the drivers side lombar, I could do without that

thanks Carl

Old 09-23-2015, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by carl
Mr K
Went under front driver seat and giggled and moved all wiring.
Now the controls work for the pass seat ( two controls ) and two out of three work for the drivers seat.
The one that dosent work for the pass seat is the control that moves it back and forth,
since the others work would you think it's just the motor that controls that
or could it still be something in the control mod---it's going to probaly be expensive
to replace a motor so I was thinking if that needs to be done could I use the motor
that controls the drivers side lombar, I could do without that

thanks Carl
So you affected the working of the seats by giggling the wires going into the control module?...the one under the drivers-'s seat ??