Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 4.0 Transaxle fluid check

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Default 2007 4.0 Transaxle fluid check

I recently tried to check the transaxle fluid level in my 2007 4.0L Pac. Would you know, couldn't find the dipstick. Checked the manual and there it was plain as day right next to the oil dipstick, except when I looked under the hood all I could find was a cap on a tube that looked like it went to the transaxel that read "For dealers use only". That led to a call to the dealership service department and I was told that indeed the dipstick is owned by the dealership and the transaxle could only be checked by them. What the hell???

The manual gives explicit instructions on how to check the transaxle. Apparently Chrysler thinks we are all idiots and cannot conduct service for ourselves. Or, they want to make a bunch of money off us. So....when the transaxle fails because of lack of fluid it's the owners fault for not checking and the warrantee is void, right?

Old 11-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2007 4.0 Transaxle fluid check

u have a nag tranny u cant check it with out having a scanner hooked up and reading oil temp and then measuring it correctly over or under fill will cause issues. This is not chrysler doing this would be a benz tranny.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM

I read on www.\allpar.comthat the transmission was made by Borg Warner (not sure of the spelling). We had a noisy shift into the gears from Park at first. At the first oil change the dealer did a program update that took care of that issue. However we have noticed that when the engine was in any gear that at 1200 to 1400rpm's the engine seemed like it was lugging. This oil change yesterday the Service manager told me that our Pacifica had a recall for the torque Converter to be replaced. The dealer I go to is LLoyd Belt in Eldon, MO. I have had the best service here, and bought 4 new vehicles from them.
As far as the LIFETIME WARRNTY goes here in Missouri the title and Service contract has my wife and I, are listed as "and". As long as both remain on the title then the LIFETINE WARRANTY would be good. If however one or the other goes home to be with the Lord, as long as the one still alive keeps the other on the title the WARRANTY would be good. I doubt Chrysler LLC would question that.
I am wondering what will be made at the Windsor, Canada plant after the Pacifica comes to an end. I believe the Chrysler 300 is also made there now along with the Pacifica.
The Dodge Journey a smaller mini van than the Caravan, will come out after the 1st quarter of 08, which is made in Toluca, Mexico. www.\allpar.comhas pictures and full stats on it there now.
Any way this is my nickel's worth.

farout

Old 11-19-2007, 02:39 PM

CHRYSLER TECH reply has been confirmed by my dealer. I stopped today at the service department and told them I wanted to buy a dip stick for the trans. After some confused moments by the rep looking at two diagrams one showing a dip stick and the other showing the cap (for dealers use only) he could not find a parts number for a dip stick. We then summoned a tech who confirmed CHRYSLER TECH's answer. The fluid is measured in millimeters and the dip stick is connected to some sort of evaluating device that measures fluid volume and temp. I was told that as long as there is no leaking of fluid there is no reason to check the fluid level until the required time frame in the manual. So........if the darn thing leaks out all the fluid I guess it's Chryslers fault.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:36 PM

The 4.0 pacifica has a either the 41TES or the 62TE. And the 62TE are shipped without a stick to ck your fluid level, but the dealer has the tool to ck it.