Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4.0L

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Exclamation 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4.0L

OK, I know this topic has gone around and around, but I'm posting it anyway....

I had a check engine light that came on saying I had a evap leak. Husband did some looking and found the evap line to the secondary fuel pump had broke. We replaced the secondary fuel pump. Husband put everything back together and the initial diagnostic code disappeared, but received an Implausible fuel level code. Took the car to the Chrysler dealer to have the shop diagnosis the issue. Chrysler had it 3 days and could not figure out what was wrong with my car. $355 dollars later car still has check engine light on. Did some research on the internet and found that we should have replace both fuel pumps at the same time. Purchased primary fuel pump and reinstalled everything. Check engine light now gone...

However the story does not end there! Now I am driving a vehicle that when it reaches half a tank of gas the gas gauge drops to empty and fuel light comes on. I go to fuel station (many different ones) and it takes an act of Congress to get 10 gallons of fuel in my gas tank. Click, click, click, click, click and so on until about 10 or 15 minutes and I give up. Gas gauge reads full tank now. We've traced all the lines and nothing is kinked or clogged. Is there anything else we can check to figure out what the heck is going on with my car?

Thanks for any direction you can offer~

Old 04-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

cheap fuel pumps

Old 04-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Unhappy Really?

Ok, since we are buying the fuel pumps directly from the Chrysler service department and the secondary has been replaced 3 times you are going to tell me they are cheap pumps? We thought they were bad also so the secondary has been taken back twice and replaced with different pumps.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

humm ok not a part issue then could be how u are installing them if this issue was not there b4 u replaced them its either wrongs ones or installed wrong

Old 04-20-2012, 08:14 AM

Here is some info that I copied from an earlier thread regarding inability to fuel the car. Good luck with it. I am sure it is frustrating.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM

Thanks busboy4, we've tried all of those. Still nothing.... About to start throwing a temper tantrum because we cannot figure it out.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:00 PM

Did you install the transfer hose that leads from the right pump and attaches to the left one? The 1/2" white/clear hose. If you accidentally pull on that to much it will also detach from the other pump.

Last edited by TNtech; 05-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:56 PM

We actually replaced that hose with a longer one from what I've been told.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Txtaylor
We actually replaced that hose with a longer one from what I've been told.
?? That hose is part of the fuel pump. No idea why it would need a longer one or a new one at all, unless something was done wrong on the install. At this point the only thing else I could do to help would be to see the pumps out and see what might be wrong. The one on the right side has to transfer over to the left side for your gauge to be correct. What you see on the dash is a PCM calculated average of both sides.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Txtaylor
I go to fuel station (many different ones) and it takes an act of Congress to get 10 gallons of fuel in my gas tank. Click, click, click, click, click and so on until about 10 or 15 minutes and I give up. Gas gauge reads full tank now.
Its not my thread but I cannot help but think: Fuel pump is not operational when car is switched off. So why a faulty/wrongly installed/cheap fuel pump would inerfere with the filing up the gas?
Just wondering?

Quick Reply: 2007 Chrysler Pacifica Touring 4.0L