Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2008 Pacifica radiator fans won't spin

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Angry 2008 Pacifica radiator fans won't spin

My 2008 pacifica overheats and I noticed that both radiator fans are not working. Did some troubleshooting by supplying 12 volts directly to fans one at a time and they both run. Checked all possible fuses (including 40A #13) with multimeter and all checked out fine. I replaced the relay riveted to the back of the bumper but still neither fans spin when engine is hot and/or A/C turned on. One thing I have not checked though is the Temp Control Sensor but I thought if its defective at least one fan should still spin if A/C is on. Please help!*Thanks in advance.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM

I think that i may be having the same problem. We over heated last night, and the first thing that I noticed was the neither fan was spinning and that I could spin them by hand. have been looking into this all morning. Your post made me wonder if you did an ohms test on the wires to the fans?

Old 09-02-2014, 02:07 AM

Hi,

Any update on this? What was the fix for this problem? I experienced in traffic yesterday.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Do you have code P0480, I had to replace the radiator fan relay brown and mauve wire, from the gray connector behind the dr side headlight to the pcm, now cooling fan are working good, no more engine light on. your fan relay could be bad or bad ground to the relay.. Do a search on cooling fan ,there is a good write up on it.The relay is behind the grill attache to the bumper.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:13 PM

This is the write up I was referring to . Hope this help.

Djinn-n-Tonic

Well my friend.....Today is your lucky day.....

I just finished this identical issue this morning..

Above your radiator is a plastic "SHELL" with 2 10mm bolts, and 6 phillips screws, ...Remove it.....Now look down on the bumper framing, there will be a black box with an aluminum heat sink on it...Disconnect the box's electrical connector terminal #4 is a thin "Brown/Violet" wire.

Reach under the left front fender and disconnect Connector c3 from PCM (It will be the third one up from the bottom, and it has a white insert)...Check continuity from Connector C3, terminal 6 (With the locking tab facing up looking into the connector, 6th hole from the top right) and terminal 4 of the fan relay connector. If continuity is present, reassemble and ground terminal 4 of the relay and observe the fan for operation. (I assume you have already checked all the fuses ..Right??)
If continuity is not present, remove the left front headlamp assembly, and look at the Gray connector on the plastic housing behind the headlamp....(Connector C105)....You will be looking for corrosion at the "Engine side" of that connector.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:44 PM

Thanks, I'll take a look on this and get back to everyone what fix was done.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:40 AM

Just an update, I have the following Error Codes: P0480 and U110C
My mechanic will be checking the relay tomorrow. I'll try to look for U110C. In case anyone of you would want to share, it will be truly appreciated.

Old 06-19-2015, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by vanislepac
This is the write up I was referring to . Hope this help.

Djinn-n-Tonic

Well my friend.....Today is your lucky day.....

I just finished this identical issue this morning..

Above your radiator is a plastic "SHELL" with 2 10mm bolts, and 6 phillips screws, ...Remove it.....Now look down on the bumper framing, there will be a black box with an aluminum heat sink on it...Disconnect the box's electrical connector terminal #4 is a thin "Brown/Violet" wire.

Reach under the left front fender and disconnect Connector c3 from PCM (It will be the third one up from the bottom, and it has a white insert)...Check continuity from Connector C3, terminal 6 (With the locking tab facing up looking into the connector, 6th hole from the top right) and terminal 4 of the fan relay connector. If continuity is present, reassemble and ground terminal 4 of the relay and observe the fan for operation. (I assume you have already checked all the fuses ..Right??)
If continuity is not present, remove the left front headlamp assembly, and look at the Gray connector on the plastic housing behind the headlamp....(Connector C105)....You will be looking for corrosion at the "Engine side" of that connector.
Thank for the info.
Why wouldn't you just measure the voltage at the relay connector?
One pin is positive and the rest negative.
If they all have current going through them, when the car is on, you know the wiring going to the relay is good.
Then I measured the wiring at the relay fans and there was no current with AC on.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:04 AM

I'm not getting voltage at the fan connectors, but I don't know what connection I should go check next.

The relay fans wiring (from the fans) seems to go somewhere downwards.
I grounded relay connector #4 and the fans didn't spin.
I had continuity from the PCM connector "pin6" to relay connector #4.
Which I'm not sure why I did, since I know I had 12 volts on relay connector pin1 and pin4 anyway.

What can I try now?
Fuse for radiator fan is #13, right?
I think the other two relay fuses (12 and 14) are just spares.

When the fans are not connected the I get 7 VDC on both fan connectors.

Voltage going to fans is 0 VDC all the time when connected to the fans.

Last edited by jimmy154; 06-23-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 07:21 PM

Where is the switch to turn the radiator fans on, if there is one?
The thermostat reads the coolant temp., but maybe the switch that signals for fans to come on is bad.
I figure with this car the computer should do that, so there is no switch, but I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: 2008 Pacifica radiator fans won't spin