Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

3.5L Motor mounts

Old 01-22-2017, 11:13 PM
Default 3.5L Motor mounts

OK so by now we know that the motor mounts on the 3.5L engines fail at an alarming rate. I recently found a low mileage 06 Pacifica limited and of course it has a blown left side mount. I remember years ago when I had another 06 seeing a solid rubber mount being available for this motor in place of the hydraulic type. Does anyone know if they are still available or has anyone ever used them???? I can't seem to find them now. I'm not a spring chicken anymore and doing this every 6 months doesn't sound like something I want to take on. I was wondering if putting a chain on the motor to limit it's travel on the left side which seems to be the one that fails most would prevent the mount from coming apart so fast. Has anyone done anything like this? Anyone ever used a solid mount? There are a few threads asking about which brand mounts are best but very few replies...I would imagine that all the cheap made in China aftermarket mounts are junk, but it seems that the mopar mounts aren't doing any better at a cost of about 5X more than an aftermarket mount! ...Anyone have any thoughts on this?????

Last edited by grbullets; 02-14-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Talking

You can find solid ones from RockAuto, they are the Westar brand. Also, in my 08 Pacifica, I secured a hockey puck under the transmission area to supplement my currently broken front and rear mounts. It has seriously helped limit the engine movement. I know it sounds like a ridiculous repair, but what have you got to lose? In case you are wondering, I used metal straps and tightened them down (TIGHT!!). It may help to jack up the engine to fit the puck under it.

Anyways, thats my two cents!

Good luck!

Old 02-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Default 3.5L Engine mounts

Nothing is ridiculous if it works! So where exactly did you put hockey pucks to limit engine travel? I did order a solid mount from Rock but they sent me a hydraulic mount. Sent it back and hoping they'll send me the right one this time..I'm really getting tired of replacing the front mount (the one under the radiator). Some call it the left side mount, right mount, or whatever it's called, I have my own name for it which I probably shouldn't say here. Whatever it is I'm sick of replacing it. Had to do it twice within 2 weeks once when I was sold a defective mount. I'm about ready to attach a chain to the top of the mount bracket and chain it down to the frame. Maybe this will limit the amount of engine travel and make the mount last more than a few months???...So have you used the solid mounts before? How did the vehicle react to it? I really like my Pacifica, but I can't be replacing motor mounts every 6 months. Getting too old for that!!

Old 02-10-2017, 12:22 PM

I bought solid ones for my Pacifica last week, turns out they don't fit. I will be sending them back to RockAuto... Who knows, maybe you will get them! And i secured it under the rear most part of the transmission. Helped for the time being, but I have since had them replaced. Next to be replaced is the upper mount! And the struts, and rocker guard, and the AC condenser... it never ends!!

Old 02-11-2017, 04:24 PM

Why didn't they fit? They should be the exactly the same as the hydraulic mounts minus the coconut juice inside.. They have the same part # with an S added. How were they different as far as size goes? My replacement is on the way and should be here in a couple days. I don't need to replace the mount right now. I thought I'd grab one to have when the one I just put in fails. If it won't work I'll have to return it again. Was it different physically? The pic looks the same as the hydraulics....?????

Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by 07PacificaLimited
I bought solid ones for my Pacifica last week, turns out they don't fit. I will be sending them back to RockAuto... Who knows, maybe you will get them! And i secured it under the rear most part of the transmission. Helped for the time being, but I have since had them replaced. Next to be replaced is the upper mount! And the struts, and rocker guard, and the AC condenser... it never ends!!
My solid mount came today and it's identical to a 3084 hydraulic mount that I have for a 3.5L engine. I measured them both with a digital caliper and compared them. They are virtually identical with the exception of the length of the longer stud which isn't going to matter..Size, stud size and tpi, and locator holes are identical....I'm really wondering if maybe they sent you the wrong mount(s) (maybe a 3.8L or 4.0L mount) like they did to me the first time when they sent a hydraulic instead of a solid mount. The replacement mount they sent me definitely is solid and is identical to a 3084. I believe the 3.8 and 4.0L mounts are slightly different. I'd really like to know why yours didn't fit..I forgot to ask but what motor does your Pacifica have? If it's a 3.8 or 4.0L that would explain why the mounts wouldn't work. Guess I just assumed that you had a 3.5L....

Last edited by grbullets; 02-14-2017 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:04 PM

They are different mounts... The 4.0L uses bigger mounts, and the 3.8L after 2007 (when the 4.0L came out) was able to use the larger mounts. I accidentally ordered mounts for an 06 model, as I didn't really think to double check. I saw "solid mounts" and was sold!