Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

ABS light and AWD

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Default ABS light and AWD

Fantastic forum!! I have a 05 PAC and have the ABS light on. I am guessing it is the wheel speed sensors, but does anyone know if the ABS system effects the AWD? I have noticed that it seems like my traction is not working right. Drive along and hit a patch of icy snow and the front end sort of floats. But if I stop in a parking lot and stand on it seems like full traction and I can't break it loose if I try. If I am slowing to turn into a driveway it will slip and slide too. ACK!! Anyone have any ideas? (I am saving up to get new speed sensors!)

Thanks!!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Default RE: ABS light and AWD

Before you start throwing parts at it that may not be broken, get the codes scanned so you know exactly what's going on. Many auto parts stores will do this for free, and at least tell you what the code indicates. It certainly sounds like your traction control could be malfunctioning or not functioning at all. Has it ever acted right in slippery conditions?

Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 AM

I had all my ABS sensors changed last year under warranty. They say if one goes they all have to be changed. Now I'm having problems with the tire inflation sensors. The tires have the proper pressure in them but some days the dash will tell me that 3 tires are low, then the next day, two tires are low and sometimes it will display 1 tire is low. I believe if you this problem all the sensors also need to be changed.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

the tire pressure and abs sensors are two different systems and have nothing to do with each other.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:25 AM

Chrysler Tech, I understand that they are two different systems. I was just stating that it seems all the inflation sensors will need to be changed when one fails just like with the ABS sensors; 1 fails, all have to be changed.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

no the sensors in the tires if one goes u can replace just that one they are independent of each other. The abs deal they know there was an issue with them and the maker of the sensors requested all to be changed with an updated sensor to correct the issue at hand.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:29 AM

Gotcha! I just don't understand why I get different messages at different times. Could the cold affect the inflations sensors?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:27 AM

Hi guys! Thanks for the responses. I have only had this car for 2 years and it always has had these traction issues but this winter being so heavy here in Bismarck nd it is really noticable now.

I am having the codes checked tomorrow but does anyone have any ideas where I can get new wheel speed sensors? I have googled but only found 1 place and they say they can only get rear sensors.

Thanks!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

dealer to get the updated ones.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:51 PM

Okay, I just found out how to get the error codes to display in my odometer. Cool, but it comes upPdonesupposedly meaning no codes.My question is: If this simple read out shows Pdone will hooking the car upto a computer pull any other codes? My dealer wants to charge me $85 and that's fine if it will show me what is wrong, but if there aren't any codes to read then I don't want to waste my money. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Quick Reply: ABS light and AWD