Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Default RE: Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited

ORIGINAL: the400kid

I would save my money and simply go with a portable unit. Yes, it's cool to see the map on the dashboard but I spent the bucks on a factory nav on my Pacifica and regret it. Oh it works well, but it is almost featureless. It does a fraction of what portable devices do and doesn't return much information other than the moving map (ie, no average speed, elapsed time, altitude). Programming it is a horror and because of that I rarely ever use it. I feel it was a complete waste of $1200.
HEH, I have a TomTom 720 too. I went through this exercise just because I like to tinker, like to have certain factory options (some this Pacifica didn't have when I purchased it used), and it didn't cost a heck of a lot so far to buy the parts. I will compare this situation to my previous 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. It didn't come with the factory Bose stereo system and speakers, so I bought the used parts and installed the full system. It was fun, even though I had to make my own wiring harness to power the Bose Amp and speakers.

Another case, I installed a RB1 NAV head unit into my 2004 Dodge SRT4. It's basically a hobby to do things like this, really no other reason.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Update: I installed the NAV DVD Player, tested that it powers up, added the GPS antenna, already had the NAV controls installed, but nothing shows up on the video screen. The rear camera works, always did, but I have to find out if I am missing any other parts to get this NAV project finished up.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Hey Chris, any progress on your install??? I just picked up an 07 Touring and was thinking of adding the factory Nav. I found a place that has the Cluster and the controls, any other parts I would need to get it to work?

Old 01-02-2009, 10:54 AM

I'm trying to find out if the NAV DVD player I picked up, may be defective. I was told that the system is very basic only comprising of the cluster screen, NAV controls and NAV DVD player. I have all three pieces, but nothing shows on the screen. I am trying to find out if something needs to be programmed in my Pacifica to tell it that it has NAV. I'm looking for another NAV DVD player to see if it is that part that is not working. The other thing, just came to mind, I have to ensure that all connections are made at the cluster screen too. I'll get this working somehow.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:17 PM

how about a gps antenna you did not mention that as one of the parts

Old 01-02-2009, 01:37 PM

is the nav dvd player different from the factory dvd player in the dash?

Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM

ORIGINAL: xfire04

how about a gps antenna you did not mention that as one of the parts
Sorry, I got an antenna with a magnetic base. Itworks with any Pacifica GPS (and RB1 GPS radios). I mounted it on the underside of the roof near the stock radio antenna on my 07 PAC. Looks the same as the stock GPS antenna, but you don't have to run the wire and mount it in the dash like the stock antenna.

Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: sonic gihad

is the nav dvd player different from the factory dvd player in the dash?
Yes, it is only for the Navigation disk, and has the GPS antenna connection. From what I have discovered, the NAV DVD Player is also the main GPS unit too.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:58 PM

hey chris, so did you find where was the problem? i also want to ask you if your screen shows at least the chrysler logo?

Old 10-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Default Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited

i see right now you have a listed price of 96 and change. i live in the area and am also looking for a a silver nav bezel but im also interested in the carbon fiber one as well. is it the same price and can i pick it up at your place of business. my vin# is 2B3KA43G96H161085. thanks for your time

Quick Reply: Adding Factory NAV to a 2007 Pacifica Limited