Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

adding headrest monitors, but have premium 6-disc dvd already

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Default adding headrest monitors, but have premium 6-disc dvd already

I recently purchased a certified used 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. It already has the premium 6-disc DVD/CD changer in the front console, but no drop down video screen. I would like to add headrest screens instead and have found some 7" options (Valor, Clarion) I would like to install them myself, but am not familiar with the location of the audio and video connections for the DVD player.

Is this a difficult task? It would save me about $200 if I could do it myself.

I don't have a problem with running the wiring FROM the monitor or attaching the monitor to the headrest; just with connecting it properly.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:39 AM

You can add them but it won't be easy. You will have to splice into the DVD harness which is located on the passenger side of the dash, unless they have made an adapter harness for the Pac. If I were you I would get the wiring diagram to find the wires you will need to splice into. Send me a message with your email address and I will send it to you.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 AM

I didn't think they added the video harness when there was no screen. I have done one pacifica and one Town and country and when I pulled out the dvd changers, the sound harness was plugged into the back of the DVD but the video socket was empty (there are 2 sockets on the back of the changers). You can buy the harnesses on ebay and tap into it, or buy the pigtail online as well but you might have to use shielded wiring. I think it is a 10 pin plug. Some harnesses are $150 and some are $300 depending on what DVD changer you have. It may be cheaper to just pay the $200 for the shop install and be done with it. Do you homework though and make sure.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 PM

I have done this for a customer only one time i dodn't know if i was lucky or all pacificas are like this
i pull from the dash the factory dvd player
in the back side there is picture of the plugs and tells you what each pin it is for ,
so i just solder 2 wires for the video and run the rca jack to the headrest monitors it works great

good luck

look at this label on the dvd player
http://cas07.businessflow.ms/Current...b54cc40&size=2

Old 04-22-2009, 10:08 PM

I made an adapter and it works great as well.

Attached Thumbnails adding headrest monitors, but have premium 6-disc dvd already-p4220002.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 AM

Wow that looks like a lot of work , nice job
i never have time so i just cut 3 car audio rca jacks and solder them to the dvd player done in 10 minutes

Old 05-20-2009, 05:10 PM

Who sells a plug in adapter? I have an 05 with the 6 disc put no factory screen. Can you plug any aftermarket lcd screens in? Do you have to connect to a control box?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:39 PM

I don't believe anyone sells a plug in. This is why pac2006 made one. Maybe he can make you one or if you can solder, maybe he can instruct you how to make one. There is no box either unless you run multiple screens and need a video amplifier. People usually hook it up and if the picture does not look right, they ad the amp. Depends on type of screens, length of wire, etc.. Also, if you paln on using the wirelkess headphone, you need to determine which type of DVD changer you have, be it IR or RF for the headphone signal.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:53 PM

I'm selling the adapters on ebay now. I can custom make one if its needed too. I added a video amp with 4 outputs. When I connected a second screen to the factory DVD changer the video degraded some, but with the amp its good. I want to put in the vizualogic headrests, but too expensive for now.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:08 PM

I'm looking at one of these kits as a solution for my 2007 equipped with the six dish in-dash.

Vizualogic 82A-7 Series for 2007 - 2007 CHRYSLER PACIFICA LT. GREYSTONE LEATHER

I'm wondering what, if any, additional adapter is needed. Can't find any documentation on online.

Pac,

Do I need one of your adaptors? What do you know about the Vizualogic system? Will the included remote operated the factory DVD player? I'm a bit confused.

Last edited by 471Magnum; 05-24-2009 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: adding headrest monitors, but have premium 6-disc dvd already