Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

04 Heater issues...

Old 01-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Default 04 Heater issues...

I noticed right after Thanksgiving that I wasn't getting any heat being blown through my defrost or down at my feet. It would only come through the middle vents. It was probably that way for awhile. I noticed earlier, but due to moderate fall temperatures it didn't concern me until we had an unexpected snow storm.

Trying to set the scene that it was probably that way for awhile.

Dealing with the snow that night, the heater would blow full blast only. Turning it off made it blow harder. The trip home the next morning, it wouldn't blow at all. Later that night it would blow normally. Eventually it just quit blowing. I changed the resistor pack, and it worked.

The odd thing was when I changed the resistor pack, at that moment, it would go through the defroster and down to my feet. That didn't last long, maybe the next day I noticed it was back to only blowing through the middle vents.

Since then controlling the speed of the blower has worked perfectly until one day last week it didn't. I turned the car off, turned it back on, and it worked again. This morning, it doesn't work at all.

I have an automatic car starter, so as the weather has gotten colder, I've started it with the blower on full blast through my vents. The last couple of times I've had the defroster chosen hoping it would kick in--beyond hope.

Through some research, my directional issue is a mode door actuator, and I was going to look into fixing it this weekend. The problem is now the blower isn't working this morning. It might later today, but I'm wondering a couple of things:

1. Would the malfunctioning mode door actuator affect the stability of the resistor pack, especially given that it blows full blast for 10-15 minutes each morning and occasionally at night?

2. What is a good resource to see about fixing my mode door actuator?

The thermostat has worked just fine the whole time.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:46 AM

04 Pacifica:
Follow up question: I don't have ***** to control the temperature and fan. Do I have the MTC or ATC? I thought I had MTC, but then I read something about *****. I assumed ATC was something that depended on the temperature of the vehicle, not the temperature of the air.

Sorry that it sounds extremely noobish.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM

I couldn't get either Integrated Diagnostic System to initiate as described at this link:

Replacing the blend and mode door actuators, Including ATC & MTC Trouble Codes - LHforums.net - LH Sedan Enthusiasts Forums

Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM

Bump.