Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Pacifica
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Alternator Bearings Replacement

Hi. I need to change the alternator bearings onmy 2004 Pacifica but it has been very dificult to get thespecific part number or bearing dimensions. Can anyone help me?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:33 PM

Default RE: Alternator Bearings Replacement

Just replace the alternator.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:19 AM

Thanks for the tip Master Tech. But, if you can fix the problem with $30 - $45 instead of $200-$250, will you consider changing the bearings firstor not?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 AM

Send a message via MSN to xfire04

take alt apart their will be a number on them then check with a good parts house
Dark Tinted Window
Roof spoiler
Billet Grille
Carbon fiber dash trim

SOLD
Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM

Did you get the bearig numbers for the alternator? I need to replace mine as well and would like to get the bearings before tearing into it. BTW I agree with orginal post, I was quoted $260 for the alternator, why spend this when the bad parts are $10-20? "just replace the alternator" is a great solution if you're spending someone elses money!
Old 02-13-2012, 07:38 AM

I think it would be difficult to replace the bearings only, but you may want to consider replacing decoupler pulley on the alternator. The mopar part will run you around $60 but RockAuto has goodyear brand decoupler pulley for $42.

I will post mopar part numbers later when I get to my other PC.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 PM

Ok, following are the parts number for alternator & alternator decoupler pulley for 2006 3.5L Pacifica. These part numbers may apply to other model years with 3.5L engine.

Alternator Pulley: Old part # 04861506AG is superseded by part # 4861506AH

Alternator: 4868760AH (160 Amp) or 4868760AF (145 Amp)

**Update**
Ok so my alternator was making grinding noises (2006 Pac 3.5L). I considered replacing the alternator but then decided to 'fix' it, just for experience. I bought a decoupler pulley ($50 - Gates brand), removed the alternator from the vehicle. When I removed the pulley cover, there was lots of rust inside and pulley was obviously damaged. I tool the alternator to a local alternator shop and asked them to put new pulley on & replace the bearings. It cost be $35 and grinding noise is gone, for now. I'll be happy if this fix will last 50,000 miles.

Last edited by Raindrop; 03-17-2012 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Just finished the alternator job.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 PM

Tags
2004, alternator, bearing, bearings, change, changing, chrysler, chyrsler, find, forum, pacifica, replace, replaced, replacement, replacing