Go Back   Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums > Chrysler Vehicles > Chrysler Pacifica
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2008, 09:36 AM

Default antifreeze leak

2006 pacifica 3.5l, leaking antifreeze below drive belt, also cooling fans coming on as soon as you start the car. need help
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on ChryslerForum!
Old 04-13-2008, 05:22 PM

Default RE: antifreeze leak

Coolant leak is most likely the water pump. It is driven by the timing belt. There is also a plate on the RH head that has O rings on it that can leak[rare]. Rad fan running all the time could be a couple of things. Defective relay,defective PCM,defective temp sensor,short in the wiring.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:59 PM

jamie1,
thanks for responding. question, I just bought the dealers service manual, and it says when replacing the timing belt to also take valve covers off and loosen rocker arm assy. I have done timing belts before, but I have never had to do that. It is the 3.5l, and I am wondering if it is really nec.
any help is deeply appreciated.
Greg
Old 04-20-2008, 06:11 PM

hey G here you go i'll send send pictures,moe
3.5L ENGINE
The water pump on all models can be replaced without discharging the air conditioning system.
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE PRESSURE CAP WITH THE SYSTEM HOT AND UNDER PRESSURE BECAUSE SERIOUS BURNS FROM COOLANT CAN OCCUR.
NOTE: It is normal for the water pump to weep a small amount of coolant from the weep hole (black stain on water pump body). Do not replace the water pump if this condition exists. Replace the water pump if a heavy deposit or a steady flow of engine coolant is evident on water pump body from the weep hole (shaft seal failure). Be sure to perform a thorough analysis before replacing water pump.
[ol][*]Drain cooling system (Refer to 7 - COOLING - STANDARD PROCEDURE).
NOTE: The water pump is driven by the timing belt. [*]Remove engine timing belt (Refer to 9 - ENGINE/VALVE TIMING/TIMING BELT/CHAIN AND SPROCKETS - REMOVAL).[*]Remove water pump mounting bolts (Water Pump - 3.5L Engine). Note position of longer bolt for proper re-installation.[*]Remove water pump body from engine (Water Pump - 3.5L Engine). [/ol]
Old 04-20-2008, 06:14 PM

hey G this pretty big my friend,the engine is not free wheeling so you need to be real careful withe the timing.heres what pump looksClick the image to open in full size. like.moe
Old 04-20-2008, 08:56 PM

Hey Moe, just curious, how long do they give for a the water pump in hours?
Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 PM

Oddlyenough,the ALLDATA labour guide says the water pump pays 3.0. And a timing belt pays 3.1 hrs. I would estimate the labour if I was doing the job at.4.0 hrs.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 PM

Tags
300m, 35, air, belt, chrylser, chrysler, conditioner, coolant, cover, hot, leak, leaks, pacifica, runs, timing, v6