Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Antifreeze refill

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:12 AM
Default Antifreeze refill

i noticed my overflow bottle in almost empty. im not over heating or anything i just figured i should add more antifreeze to get it to the "cold fill line". im not sure what anto freeze to use tho. right now its red stuff in there now. i know its not dexcool can i add the green antifreezr to the red ?

Old 11-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Default RE: Antifreeze refill

If you are low on antifreeze, it's leaking out SOMEwhere. You might want to check your hoses and radiator when the engine is hot, to see if you detect any sweet odor or steam emitting. If you leave a small leak, it could result in a hose blowout on the road one of these days.

As far as the type of antifreeze to use, check the manual and see what it says... or call the local Chrysler dealer and ask them what's standard. If you're still not sure and nobody else knows, there is a universal type available now that can be added to any system (green, Dexcool, or other). I think it's pink and that might be what's already in there.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Default RE: Antifreeze refill

As far as I know do not add the green stuff it will damage the plastic parts in the system. Use the pink stuff. If you can get it from Chrysler even better and then you can check the label to see exactly which type it is. I know my VW uses the pink stuff and I was told by my mechanic to never put the green stuff in there it will damage the system.