Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Anyone know how to disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring system?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 PM
Default Anyone know how to disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring system?

I have a very early '04 Pac., bought new in May of '03. The early models have the TPM system tied into the EVIC display. For months now, I've had a "SERVICE TIRE SYSTEM SOON" message displayed, and I can't clear it. Because of that, I can't access any of the other functions of the EVIC. I've replaced all four sensors, and did the magnet retraining trick at least a dozen times, all to no avail. Since it's not corner-specific, the TPM system is pretty much useless anyway, and I'd just like to disable it and move on. I've searched for a fuse to pull, but nothing is marked as such. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

u cant disable it any more then u can the check engine light its a federal mandated system if u want it gone take it to a dealer so they can figure out whats making it come on and tell them all the stuff U have done.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Default Thanks.

That explains the lack of a dedicated fuse for the system. I'll do that.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:27 PM

Just FYI, my manual shows that the TPM system is monitored by the Keyless entry system. The transmitters send a radio signal much as does your key fob. I show your EVIC message to indicate that one or more senders has a low battery or is sending no signal. It describes it to be a "Low priority warning" so I'm surprised you cannot step through to the other EVIC functions - even the "tire pressure low" warning is supposed to allow you to step through the other functions and then re-appear about every 5 minutes as I read it. Good luck with it.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 PM

To Qckslvr, you said >>I've replaced all four sensors, and did the magnet retraining trick at least a dozen times, all to no availI've replaced all four sensors, and did the magnet retraining trick at least a dozen times, all to no avail << 1) Does your spare have a sensor too ? 2) The sensors are shaped like a rectangle and are your new ones about the same size as there are two sizes. 3) Did you retrain by the correct procedure and the horn blow for each wheel ? Just got our '04 Pac. EVIC working and had the same "Ser. T. Sys. Soon" blocking everything else then I found one wheel sensor bad, replaced it for a $65 part and reset all and it seems ok now. Just trying to understand these systems better, painful as it seems at times. Thanks. *BW*

Old 03-19-2010, 03:55 PM

Thanks for your responses, everyone. FYI, my spare tire is not equipped with TPMS. All four road tires have been equally inflated and since I replaced all four sensors, the batteries should be fine. As I mentioned in my post, my Pac. must be one of the first ever manufactured, as I purchased it in May 2003. I read somewhere that the very early models displayed the TPM info. tied in with the EVIC, while later models apparently have it tied in with the odometer display. For that reason, once the "Service Tire System Soon" message appears, it NEVER goes away. As much as I hate the thought of going back to the dealer, I don't think I have any other choices left at this time.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:48 PM

Did you buy dealer parts or aftermarket? Was there anyway to tell the batteries were good in the new ones?

Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Default Post Msg.

Please answer #2 and #3 above as this may help disclose the answer to your problem. Ours is still working fine since repaired. Thanks. *BW*

Old 03-21-2010, 06:13 PM

The first two were purchased from Chrysler dealers. The most recent two were purchased on-line from an aftermarket retailer at half the dealer price. I can't vouch for the batteries in the newest ones, although before having them replaced, I actually lowered the TP below 25 psi one at a time and got the appropriate number of "Low Tire Pressure" warnings, then raised the TP to above 45 psi in each one at a time, and got the appropriate number of "High Tire Pressure" warnings. When I brought the TPs back to normal, it went back to the "Service Tire System Soon" message, so I believe the batteries were still good in the old ones.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:04 PM

Qckslvr, thanks for the info as it sounds like the batts are working ok. . . but . . . if the sensors aren't "trained" in the right sequence you will get the Ser TP Sys Soon light. Did you do it L frt, R frt, R rear, L rear with the horn must blow at each wheel to verify that each sensor was reset. If any of them didn't reset then the STPSS can't clear out. Hate to be so picky but its the only way I/others can help. Just a little more info please. Thanks. *BW*

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring system?