Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

AUX mode for mp3 use, Help?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 08:29 AM
Default AUX mode for mp3 use, Help?

I am a new owner of an 07 Pac touring that has the economy enterianment package and was going to my MP3 player with the input plugs on the front of the decks, but I can not find how to change to AUX. mode. any help would be great.
Thnx.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:37 AM

Use the mode button on the stereo head unit or the switch located on the back of the steering wheel. "AUX" will not show up as working in the radio display unless your mp3 is in play mode with a song playing. So plug in 1st, start a song and then search for "AUX".

Old 08-30-2010, 11:50 AM

I tried that and only got the choice of the the two disk changers, or the sirus radio, or am /fm. does the input have the have a video input to switch to aux mode automatictly. this one really has me stumped. I have tried a couple of mp3 players to make sure they were playing ok.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:36 PM

I have an 08 Touring with inputs on the cd/dvd player and the radio itself. I plug mine into the radio (red and white audio rca jacks). I have never had to plug into the video plug (yellow) to make it work. You can also plug into the same jacks on the dvd player and select the external disc player but it seems you lose volume when that selection is made. As long as your mp3 player is playing, AUX should work however I have had to sometimes scroll through the different mode selections more than once before AUX shows up in the display.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 AM

I tried both sets of jacks, and still nothing do the players have to be empty? or is there a sequence of wierd programing to tell the decks to switch when it gets an input? still stumped on this one.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Try to put a blanc CD IN THE DVD playe not the CD player. Even CD with songs on it will do it. Then put the cable input with the red and white in to the DVD input red and white,and the othe side of the cable goes to your Ipod or the MP3.
Cable it should have just red,and white on one side,and black input on othe side.
Then turn the radio on to FM,and leave the CD playing in the DVD player.make sure it the DVD playing not the top CD player,then plug the black input from the cable to the ipod,or the MP3.Then push play on you MP3, then change the mood from the radio with CD still CD playing to AUX ,and it should work.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:56 AM

I know this is kind of an old thread, but I have to turn my mp3 player up all the way before the radio will pick it up and give you the AUX option.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Same here. Because the headphone jack on my MP3 player reduces the volume for safety, I have to have the MP3 player's volume all the way up and the car stereo volume higher to here it. I believe the stereo display says "disc" and it will nt sense it unless the MP3 is playing.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 AM

Here is an update from my experience. I finally did get Aux mode to engage, by maxing the volume but when there would be quiet parts in music or movies it would shut down. So now when I make play lists for the car I use the volume maximizer feature on Roxio music maker. also the same thing for movies on ipod and laptop for back seat viewing. it increases the volume enough so no more drop outs. I also found a couple of sets of 90 degree right angle plug in's so the cable can be routed neetly and does not get caught on anything. I really find the the try between the rear second row works perfect for a 17" laptop for rear movie viewing. for those of you who are using a ipod or iphone I suggest going to http://isimplesolutions.com/ipod-adapter/default.asp for a mount I have thier holder in all my vehicles and it works great. small, versital, and stays put. and cheap. (about $25.00 with shiping).

Old 07-02-2019, 05:58 PM
Default MP3 Player FIX

Easiest fix... $5 cassette adapter from Walmart. You don't have to crank the sound and it won't skip blank sections or in between tracks on the MP3 player. Working like a champ for me!