Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Blinking odometer and clicking sound

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Default Blinking odometer and clicking sound

I just bought off-lease 2005 Pacifica in grate shape. I never had a Chrysler car before.
I noticed that the "Check Engine" Light is on with “gas cap” message. I decided to read and reset trouble codes by following a post I found on one of the Chrysler forums: depress odometer reset button, turn key to on position, release button. I tried it several times and may did something wrong, but instead of codes I’ve got messed up computer that started blinking dash lights including odometer. The odometer is blinking even with key off. I can not start my car anymore. No crank at all. Because constant blinking and clicking relay in the fuse box I had to disconnect battery.
Have you experienced anything similar and know what to do to fix this problem?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Default RE: Blinking odometer and clicking sound

How long did you disconnect the battery? Try disconnecting it for 15 minutes or so. The system should reset and check everything and obviously make sure your gas cap is tightened. If you still have a problem you might have to bring it to the dealer unless someone else here can help you.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:57 PM

I disconnected battery for over 24 hrs already. It did reset codes, but did not fix the problem. I still can not start my car. Just light clicking sound when I try to start the engine.
My friend told me to check the battery first if it's not dead, but if battery is good it will be difficult to troubleshoot.
I really do not want to tow my car to a Chrysler dealership.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Update.
It was dead battery. I replaced the battery and can start engine now, but can not switch transmition to drive position