Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

A/C blowing hot air problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Default A/C blowing hot air problem

In 2004 AWD 3.5 Pac driver's side a/c is not blowing cold air, just blowing hot, passenger side works fine though. Please tell me what part needs to be change and where it is located and is it a DIY thing?

Thanks...

Old 07-20-2010, 10:31 AM

Do you have the Automatic AC? If so, click the "down" side of the left temp button and see what the display shows. If the temp is down all the way and still blowing hot on the Drivers side...well, I think I would point a finger at the control head unit. (It could also possibly be a hot/cold door flap motor too)

Old 07-20-2010, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator

I say low freon in the system

Old 08-07-2010, 02:05 AM

It could be that it's a door problem in the HVAC housing. if it's a dual zone ATC and both temps are on low. Maybe the door motor or a mechanical issue (door jammed). Highly doubt it's low refridgerant. This could prove to be quite a job for a DIY if you need to remove the HVAC housing. Could be the ATC head but not likely.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Default Low Freon

grbullets, have to kindly disagree with you. I had the exact same problem. I am not a mechanic but not afraid to get my hands dirty over a weekend. I would have thought low refridgerant would make all the vents blow out the same warm air. Not true. The passenger side was cool and driver side hot. I was told by a repair place they wanted to tear apart my dashboard too and it was going to pay for their kids college. I got a second opinion on here and Chrysler Tech said low freon. Went to an auto part store, got a can of refridegerant and a hose and figured out how to hook everything up. Nice cool air and the problem was low refridgerant, not a vent door. Remember that it is real people on here and many do not have the money to throw at their cars.

Why did you ignore/doubt the low cost fix and go straight for the expensive repair without first suggesting the refriderant first be tested and then tear apart the dash? $20 vs $1000.00

Old 08-09-2010, 07:23 PM

mn2007, did you not read that I said "it could be" and not "is" the problem?? I'm not an expert on the subject either, it's just my opinion.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:28 AM
Default Chrysler Pacifica 2004 AC problem

My Air condiyioning on my Chrysler Pacifica 04 start to blow a warm air,and it hot out there.So I take it to the dealer,and the refille the AC but nothing. they said I need to replace the PCM,so I did,but nothing still blowing a warm air.They said I need to replace the thermal sensor expansion valve,but also nothing,and still blowing the warm air.I spend about 800.00 without any result.I am tierd with the dealer,and this problem. Now they said it look like the controll switch need to be replace,but they can't get it for three weeks because they said every body in the country want this part.

Please do you have any idea on this problem?
I have a baby,and too hoot in the car.
Please?
Thanks

Old 08-15-2010, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by rachid1973
My Air condiyioning on my Chrysler Pacifica 04 start to blow a warm air,and it hot out there.So I take it to the dealer,and the refille the AC but nothing. they said I need to replace the PCM,so I did,but nothing still blowing a warm air. They said I need to replace the thermal sensor expansion valve, but also nothing,and still blowing the warm air.I spend about 800.00 without any result.I am tierd with the dealer,and this problem. Now they said it look like the controll switch need to be replace,but they can't get it for three weeks because they said every body in the country want this part.

Please do you have any idea on this problem?
I have a baby,and too hoot in the car.
Please?
Thanks

Take it to a different dealer. The guy that worked on yours is a moron. That's about as mild as I can put it. There are still Waaaay too many techs in the field that don't understand electricity, computers and electronics OR how to read a wiring diagram. It really is sad.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:02 AM

I did Thank you so much

Last edited by rachid1973; 10-27-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:01 AM

Can any body help with this problems?
Thanks

Quick Reply: A/C blowing hot air problem