Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Changed rod bearings in 06 limited..Have a few questions for everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:12 PM
Default Changed rod bearings in 06 limited..Have a few questions for everyone

Ok, So I bought it for $600 knowing there was a rod knocking, I bought a whole set of bearings and replaced them, I used standard bearings, this is my first rod bearing replacement i've done, there's still a very minor knock, only at higher rpm's, when it's idling it's completely quiet. So should I replace the connecting rod that had the failed bearing? I know that's a pretty obvious question lol. I planned on replacing it anyways, but i'm also going to order an undersized and oversized bearing for the one that was knocking. The other five connecting rods had zero play in them though incase you were wondering. But if I replace the connecting rod and use a different bearing do you think everything will be good to go after that? Thank you for any and all input, I greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:00 PM

Please don't go about this way ! Guessing ! If you can't get someone to mic the crank for you at least do a good job by using Plastigauge. Carefully remove the bearing cap in question, place a small strip of the wax thread on the crank, torque the cap carefully to specs. DO NOT turn the crank but remove the cap and use the markings on the container to measure how much the wax is squished giving you a good read on the clearance. Really wonder how rough the crank is in smoothness. Please let us know. *BW*

Old 10-26-2016, 09:37 AM

I get my parts today here in a couple hours, but i'll go ahead and use the plastigage to figure out the clearance. I replaced it with a standard bearing and the knocking went away at idle, but once you rev it up past 1000 the knocking comes back, but not nearly as bad as it was. So I ordered a .25mm undersized and .50mm undersized that way I wouldn't have to wait to receive one or the other in the mail. But I will give you an update here in a few hours after I change the bearing.