Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

chrysler pacifica power window issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Default chrysler pacifica power window issues

I have a 2005 Pacifica. The rear power window has a mind of its own. Sometimes when Im driving down the street the window will go down all by itself. Anyone have any ideas or what I can replace. Thanks Bryan

Old 07-29-2010, 06:00 PM

First off, if you bang the door near the switch assembly, does the window go down? It could be a shirt in the driver window switch. If you wiggle the switch without pressing it, does the window go down? Does it go all the way down or just a little. There are body, and door control modules that also play into it. Hopefully it is a switch.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 PM

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I also believe it is the switch.I will try to bang the door around the switch like you said. I can also sit in the back seat and use the switch in the back all day long without any problems. What is weird though is that when I close the door after using the switch in the back in will sometimes go down to. Is it possible that the switch in the drivers seat is shorting out or sending a mixed signal. Do you know if the switches are hard to replace? Thanks again
Bryan

Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 AM

Your extra info makes me think it is more than a switch problem. For kicks.... in the fuse box under the hood, there should be a fuse called IOD. Pull this fuse for about a minute, then plug it back in. This will reset the cars multiple computer modules. Then see if the problem is solved and for how long. Wife's Town and country power locks would not work by remote or pushing the electric swithc inside the car. Resetting the IOD fuse solve the problem for 1 month, then we did it again and it has worked for 7 months now.

Not sure if you have to remove the entire door panel or if the switch assembly comes out on its own. I would have to to look at the service manual. If you think you are going to keep this car and you want to solve your own problems, a manual on CD from eBay (about $30) might be worth your money.

Fixit

Old 07-30-2010, 03:47 AM

Thanks. I will try and pull that fuse. If you have a service manual could you please check for me,and yes in the mean time I will start looking for a shop manual. Thanks again I really appreciate the help. I need to get this thing fixed before our Michigan winters hit us. Sure would be fun to have it go down in a snow storm...LOL.. Take Care.

Bryan

Old 07-30-2010, 02:12 PM

Oh.. I forgot about the weather part.. that could be a huge issue

I sent you an email request. I have some info for you.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Default rear window

Hi

I have a brand new master window switch (actually its called a door module) for sale $100. I paid over $350 from the dealer. I bought it for my car, it had "phantom" windows too, but wrecked it before I could put the module in.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by eeka440
Hi

I have a brand new master window switch (actually its called a door module) for sale $100. I paid over $350 from the dealer. I bought it for my car, it had "phantom" windows too, but wrecked it before I could put the module in.
I've replaced many of them for the Phantom window issue. It can be any of the 4 windows that does it. Put that thing on Ebay!

Old 10-23-2010, 06:16 PM

Good idea!

Old 03-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Talking Great suggestion, thank you

Thank you for the post suggesting removing IOD relay to reset problem with Driver PWS module. I experienced similar problem in my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica Touring as in one of previous posts. My rear driver side window suddently rolled all the way down, driver side master PWS would not work at all (would not lock or unlock doors, would not activate any windows, would not report door open, light on bottom of driver side door would continuously stay down, door would not lock or unlock with remotes).
After checking all basics (fuses, relays, cycling ignition few times) I found this forum and suggestion to remove IOD relay for 1 minute or more.
In my case I did the following:
1. Removed IOD fuse (40A) and waited 1 minute
2. Removed "driver door pane" fuse (40A)
3. Removed "driver door" fuse (20A).
After step 3 light on bottom of door would go off.
I then reinstalled fuses in reverse order.
AFter that action everythign started working again as expected.
I was able to roll rear window up, control all windos thru master PWS, remotes work, etc.)
I hope it is permanent solution, but just in case I am now carrying in my tool bag a small tool to remove and reinstall fuses in my Pacifica.